After Effects CC Render Conflicts with DXV

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Childofthecalculator
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

After Effects CC Render Conflicts with DXV

Post by Childofthecalculator »

Hi all,

I've been having massive issues rendering from After Effects with the DXV codec, getting the following:
Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 17.14.46.png
There's lots in Adobe forums, detailing possible conflicts (of all types) with the Quicktime Server. I've tried all their bug fixes which are detailed http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1252092.

None of these solutions worked.

I tried (out of desperation) removing Quicktime components, one-at-a-time.

Upon removing 'DXVCodec' from the quicktime components folder, AE was happy rendering all day in other codec types. I dropped DXVCodec back in, and it works fine rendering in other codecs until you try to render in DXV, then the error appears again, and reduces renders with any codec back to the same problem.

Has anyone else on CC had this issue? My work-life revolves around the transparency of the DXV codec, so its massively debilitating. Im not saying the issue is with you guys.... most likely the buggy joke that is CC, however i'm still stuck and would appreciate any help!?

Thanks

sjm0418
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: After Effects CC Render Conflicts with DXV

Post by sjm0418 »

I am having this same problem as well. Through AE and Premiere the codec renders about half of the time. When it stops working I quit and reopen everything and can get 1-2 renders before it does an error again. I can render with H.264 and no problems at all. I am using a MBP running Mavericks.

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

it's simply not an production codec ;)
render in animation or picture-frames and recode it ;)
for example, i do render all the stuff from C4D in tiff files ;)
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

newfuturenow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by newfuturenow »

Is there no update to this issue on os x mavericks?
One new computer/many hours production and BLAM! No ability to render out in AE as DXV, without error. All files +alpha, you kidding me right if you say I got to export the entire batch as animation/lossless+ and then convert them into dxv in some other program, I hope your kidding... ?
Any solutions, or work arounds greatly appreciated!

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

What other 3rd party quicktime codecs do you have installed? I've had problems with Cineform causing conflicts and they were resolved once removing it.

newfuturenow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by newfuturenow »

Its a virgin system, with the only 3rd party codec installed being 'DXV'.
I tried numerous attempts to get this workflow working smoothly, and had no luck on my new 10.9.4 / 2.5ghz MacBook Pro whatsoever.
I ended up consolidating the After Effects project and transferring it to my old faithful 10.6.8 macbook pro set up and all worked a charm. This problem is most definitely not a result of Resolume. Resolume do an incredible job keeping up with the constant bugs and issues that spring up as a result of Apples perpetual system upgrade, I can't foresee how this one is going to get fixed without Adobe and Apple listening to the community and developers of Resolume (open your eyes Apple - quick look aint quick look without a substantial 3rd party video codec support) And thanks to Joris for his support last week with the DXV help, but still my issue persists.