Loading Clip from hdd dynamicly (osc?)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vj-void
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Loading Clip from hdd dynamicly (osc?)

Post by vj-void »

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to load clips dynamically into Resolume via a script or something else automated.
Situation:
* Resolume is running.
* A new .mov is being saved to a folder.
* Some script notice the new .mov
* The script loads the new .mov into Resolume

Is this even remotely possible? Can I use OSC toload the new clip? If not, is there any other method to do this?

Regards,
Peter Goes

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Loading Clip from hdd dynamicly (osc?)

Post by DayVeeJay »

Its kind of a roundabout way but this would be really easy to do with Quartz. Otherwise you could have files 1.mov through say 3.mov preloaded into Resolume and just over write those files. So the script would basically do this:

1. Detect new file in folder A
2. Copy new movie to 1.mov in folder B
3. Send OSC command to trigger 1.mov

2. Copy new movie to 2.mov in folder B
3. Send OSC command to trigger 2.mov

2. Copy new movie to 3.mov in folder B
3. Send OSC command to trigger 3.mov

and so on...

Your thumbnail preview of the clip in the deck wont update but I could be wrong.

vj-void

Post by vj-void »

Thanks for the quick reply!

That is an usable workaround indeed. I will try that out.
However, it would be nice to have all the recorded clips in a deck so i can use them later to vj regularly, if you/anyone else know of another solution, please share :-)

The Quartz way would be bypassing Resolume all together?

vj-void

Post by vj-void »

I have tried to replace a clip with the same name in some folder like you mentioned, but that did not work out. Because I can not replace the file in the file system because it is being used by Resolume. I did not try to copy the files by sudoing via a terminal because this project needs to go in production in some point in time, and I think the crash risk is to high.

S I am still looking for a way to load clips in the deck in an automated way.

DayVeeJay

Post by DayVeeJay »

I know on a pc the file isnt locked if Resolume isn't playing it. I havent tried it on a Mac.

DayVeeJay

Post by DayVeeJay »

I have a quartz patch that will load pics in a directory and change them at set intervals. It might be a good starting point for you.

vj-void

Post by vj-void »

Eventually I created a Quartz Composer patch that completely bypasses Resolume. Alhough this is enough for a prototype, in the development version I need to use something else. I took a look at Mudul8 and it seems that Modul8 has a module that does what I need.

But thank you so much for your help DayVeeJay!

the_slain_man

Post by the_slain_man »

Is looking for a solution to this also. Would like to be able to swap out images with osc command where you specify a path to new image on the local hard drive or a web URL in the osc string.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Loading clips via OSC is not supported in Resolume.

You could set up an external solution that would provide a syphon or spout source, Resolume would be able to use that to display.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

NEWP_Official

Post by NEWP_Official »

Zoltán wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 09:20 Loading clips via OSC is not supported in Resolume.

You could set up an external solution that would provide a syphon or spout source, Resolume would be able to use that to display.
would love for this to be incorporated with how widely the Streamdecks are gaining speed! It'd be ideal to set up a streamdeck to allow me load a specified number of clips into a specified layer from a specified folder at the push of a button or two! (ideally one stream deck per layer for optimal b2b possibilities, but one stream deck that allows me to push a layer selector and then a content loader script would work too)
very very very interested in stepping up my VJ clip selection solution from sorting through folders in my browser with a mouse or touch screen to hitting buttons with gifs featuring the content in each folder