Loading Clip from hdd dynamicly (osc?)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
JoJo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Loading Clip from hdd dynamicly (osc?)

Post by JoJo »

Anyone solved this? (maybe in another way, than the proposed above?)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Could you describe your setup a bit?
Are you already using Resolume for playback?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Why not just load them all into your deck? What are the advantages of not loading in content you intend to playback??

HankDangle

Post by HankDangle »

DayVeeJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2014 17:28 I know on a pc the file isnt locked if Resolume isn't playing it.
On my PC running Resolume 7.3.3 file is locked even when not playing.
Arvol wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 15:04 Why not just load them all into your deck? What are the advantages of not loading in content you intend to playback??
I'd say one advantage is for use with external scripting and large libraries of clips, and/or anything that requires programmatic control. (I'm a huge nube though.)

I wonder if this limitation could be worked around by switching decks? Maybe Resolume unlocks/doesn't lock files (big difference between the two) on decks that aren't playing or haven't been played? (again, big difference between those two)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Files locks are released when you switch to another deck, so you could overwrite media, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Could you explain a bit more on what kind of scripting you use in your workflow?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

HankDangle

Post by HankDangle »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 08:38 Files locks are released when you switch to another deck
Very good to know.
Zoltán wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 08:38 you could overwrite media, but I wouldn't recommend that.
I agree it's an awkward approach, but as far as I can tell, it's the only known method to expose dynamic clip/file loading to external scripting.
Zoltán wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 08:38 Could you explain a bit more on what kind of scripting you use in your workflow?
Sure. I've got a library of clips that is too large to manually preload into a deck. My intent is to dynamically/scripting-ly select and trigger clips from a library of clips too big to pre-prepare or preload.

Hope that helps. Thx.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks!
Would you like control Resolume from a different machine, or tablet?