Freeze effect starts with "last known frame"

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
flo
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Freeze effect starts with "last known frame"

Post by flo »

Hi Resolume Team!
I'm not sure if the issue already was on the forum but I couldn't find it.

So here is the issue:
When I use the FFGL-effect "Freeze" I encountered that if I activate the effect it always shows the last frame of the previous time the effect was activated, until you reset the effect with pressing the "frozen solid" button.

To reproduce this, load two clips in a composition, place the freeze effect on the composition and activate the "frozen solid" button.
Play clip A and activate the freeze effect (with toggling bypass, or using the opacity slider).
Deactivate the freeze effect
Play clip B and activate the freeze effect again.
Now you see the state of clip A at the moment you deactivated the freeze effect and not the content of clip B.
So this is not looking really good if you use the freeze effect move on in your show and later activate the effect again and see at first the old content.

Currently I use Arena 4.1.8 but as I remember this is not a very new issue.

Regards Flo

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Freeze effect starts with "last known frame"

Post by Joris »

Well, isn't that what's supposed to happen? The freeze effect is showing the frame that was visible when you last pressed 'frozen solid'. The state of the bypass or effect opacity shouldn't affect this behaviour.

If you want the freeze effect to take whatever is playing at the time as input, just toggle the 'frozen solid' off and on, instead of using bypass.

flo
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Freeze effect starts with "last known frame"

Post by flo »

Hi Joris!
Thanks for your response. Yes you're right that is how the freeze effect should work.
In my case I try to use the freeze effect to generate a stop motion effect which is in bpm sync. Because with the original stop motion effect the stop frequency could only be altered in Hz steps and not linked to the bpm speed of the composition.
I use the IR OSCSA effect to generate intervals which are in bpm sync and to trigger the frozen solid button of the freeze effect. I attached a composition with my setup for this.

So I will see if I find a solution to turn my bmp-stop-motion on and off by bypassing the OSCA effect and turn the X slider of the freeze effect to 0 or 1at the same time (e.g. with a midi key)

So thanks for your suggestion ;)

Regards Flo
Attachments
freeze.avc
(42.95 KiB) Downloaded 445 times