Master project with clone running in sync.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
imag8nineteen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Master project with clone running in sync.

Post by imag8nineteen »

What is the best way running two Macbookpro Retina laptops one as MASTER and the other as a SLAVE. Would like to have a clone of master show running incase MASTER crashes. (In the 6 years I’ve been using resolume a crashing has never happened once) Any thoughts?

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Master project with clone running in sync.

Post by cosmowe »

hmmm...what are you doing with Resolume? VJing? In that case I would suggest you to load your content and your showfile on the other mac and plug them booth into a video mixer or seamless switcher. Maybe the "Spark d'fuser" is the right gadget for you? And in case of fire...PUSH SE BUTTON to swap! :lol:

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

imag8nineteen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by imag8nineteen »

HA! I think T-bar on my V-800HD would solve that too BUT..........
Client wants to playback 3 music video (annoyed face) So I need the files on each machine triggered at the same time preferably triggered by the master. Then if master goes down I smack the T-Bar and the videos continue to play from that point. Like I mentioned I haven't had Resolume crash on me ever!!! So can a MASTER with the same project, content and mapping drive a SLAVE.

I've already done 3 shows for this client with no need for clone backup. We leave for world tour next week and Tour Director is asking about this. If there isn't a solution with Arena I'll tell him to cough up more money...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

This is possible with a bit of finicking, if you are a little familiar with OSC and Processing.

You can connect both machines via a network cable, enable OSC output on the Master, and let the Slave listen to that.

Currently this out of the box solution is broken and will result in a black screen on the Slave.

There is however a workaround posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10066&p=42964&hili ... ave#p42964

We haven't tried it ourselves. But people have had good results with it, so if you're feeling adventurous...

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

works great with touch designer as a middle man.