DXV Media starts playing too fast

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

DXV Media starts playing too fast

Post by Oaktown »

I'm not sure what's happening but all of a sudden all the DXV media is playing almost at 10 times the speed in an existing composition on my MacBook Pro (running Mac OS 10.9.2). I also get the same when I load new DXV media. I've tried restarting the composition but that didn't change anything. This is not the first time I have this problem but the last few times I was in the middle of a show so I just ended up slowing down all the clip to 0.10. This time I have movie clips that need to play super slow so can't slow them down enough.

I also sent this via the feedback feature built into Resolume but I'd like to know if anyone has had this problem before and how they took care of it.

UPDATES:
- All the video clips are playing in Timeline mode not BPM.
- I transferred the composition, screen setup and all media to my show computer (PC deskptop runnning Windows 8.1) and I get the same problem.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: DXV Media starts playing too fast

Post by cosmowe »

Hi fob67cry,
in the upper left of the GUI you'll find a global speed adjustment fader. You can only see it when you enabled the transport controls in the view tab. It could be that its not at the "normal" position. Just right click on it to jump to normal.

This would be my first guess.

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: DXV Media starts playing too fast

Post by Oaktown »

Thanks Cosmowe, that's exactly what happened!

What a relief :-)

I have been using the GUI for a few years now and never saw this global speed adjustment before. I was working with an OhmRGB midi controller so I must have bumped it up by accident.