4.1.9 alpha trans w blend set to alpha not working

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

4.1.9 alpha trans w blend set to alpha not working

Post by Zoltán »

first, great update,
but
with layer blend mode set to alpha, the alpha transition does not work, it blanks the layers beneath.

Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: 4.1.9 alpha trans w blend set to alpha not working

Post by Joris »

Strange. I just double checked, and it's working correctly for us on both Mac and Pc.

Can you contact us with your logfile?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

of course,
sent log file via feedback in resolume.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Well, this is embarrassing. We found the problem, and we're putting out a hot fix now. :oops:

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by sleepytom »

4.1.9.1 has a better ring to it anyway :)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

OKey I have uploaded new installers, this is a silent update so the version name is the same: 4.1.9. Just download again, install and you're good to go.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

great, thanks!

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by craftycurate »

Working now thanks. It's beautiful to behold - I think I might be just sitting crossfading all day now.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by craftycurate »

Aaagh sorry guys but something's still not right, unless I've misunderstood something.

I am crossfading between clips with alpha and clips without alpha, and when triggering a new clip before the transition has finished, the output sometimes jumps.

Here is a recorded output of the following sequence of clips triggered, with each clip being triggered before the Alpha transition has finished.

1. Clip with Alpha ("FIRST")
2. Video clip 1 (no alpha)
3. Video clip 2 (no alpha)

In the video attached I've recorded the same sequence twice, but the first time I allow the transition to finish, and in the second sequence, I trigger the next clip before the sequence has ended.

You can see when triggering Video Clip 2 during the transition that there is a sudden discontinuity in the output, as if some previous transition buffer frames are still present, and the previous issue with the Alpha channel appearing as black is still there.

Note this only happens when a clip with Alpha has been recently triggered.

http://youtu.be/NAvysss_uxY
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

craftycurate wrote:when triggering a new clip before the transition has finished, the output sometimes jumps.
something like this was happening on 4.1.8 also, you had to wait for a transition to finish before triggering a new transition on the same layer, or else the first transition would jump right back to start, and the new transition occurs as if the first was never triggered.

edit:a workaround is if you trigger columns, then place the other clip in a new layer then the first transition happens as it should when a new column is triggered while the first transition still running.
/edit

also i noticed that when a clips opacity is not 100%, when you trigger the transition, the clip is faded out from 100% opacity.
That was the case on 4.1.8 also.But that's another bug I think as this happens on other blend modes too.

Last edited by Zoltán on Fri May 23, 2014 14:02, edited 1 time in total.