Mac OSX & Logitech Webcams

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
motionmonk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Mac OSX & Logitech Webcams

Post by motionmonk »

hi Everyone,
I’m new to projection mapping and Resolume (and the forums!), so I hope I put this question in the right area.

I’m prototyping a stage setup, and am using a Logitech C920 webcam to preview my scene so I can take my footage and slice it up to match my scene geometry (bunch of cubes). I’m using a MacPro (OSX 10.8.5), and Logitech does not provide drivers for the Mac, relying instead on the UVC drivers within the Mac OS.

My question is how can I get the Logitech webcam to default or use either 720p or 1080p inside of Resolume 4; it seems to default to 640x480.

Has anyone else faced this issue, or found a workaround? From my limited time with Resolume, it appears that direct setting of the webcam settings is not done inside of Resolume itself.

thanks for any help or ideas!
motionmonk

zealobin
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Mac OSX & Logitech Webcams

Post by zealobin »

I used the caputur card and SONY 790 camera can reach 1080I

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

There should be a drop down menu in your clip preference pan where you can select the resolution. Check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11133

motionmonk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by motionmonk »

Thanks fob67cry, but for some reason, I don't have a dropdown choice. My only options are deinterlace and Duration length. I'm not using any capture cards; just straight USB connection.

I did come up with a workaround though...
http://camtwiststudio.com
This is a free app that lets you stream live video.
I setup my Logitech C920 in CamTwist, and then open Arena. The webcam resolution is whatever was defined in CamTwist, so I can now see 1080p and 720p inside Arena, which is what I wanted :D

I appreciate your link. I'll have to figure out why I cannot see the Connection options for my video feed. Could it be the lack of specific drivers for webcams in OSX?

regards,
motionmonk
fob67cry wrote:There should be a drop down menu in your clip preference pan where you can select the resolution. Check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11133