I had 2 very very strange things yesterday....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

I had 2 very very strange things yesterday....

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Hi y'all

So after rearranging some-about everything after my last topic here Arena runs very smooth with no hick ups whatsoever so I'm very happy with all the help from Joris and other users, thank you! 8-)

Now this week I have a very nice gig in Nijmegen because of the annually 4day walk and festivities afterwards, small stage, 4:3 led screen, nothing special, so Saturday I've started, Mac, korg Nano, 2 decks filled with al lot of loops (just pushing it, Joris :mrgreen: ) 7 layers on a deck and rocked the night away, everybody happy and back on Sunday....
Now 2 strange things happened yesterday, I started working in the second deck at the start, my resolution is 1024x768, al clips scaled, DXV everything good, but when I clicked a loop for preview, it was fine, filling out the whole screen...when clicked to the layer for viewing, the clip was double the size and I needed to scale it down to 54% to fit it right, and my height&width sliders (from the loop, not the deck) didn't work, I could slide them, but nothing happened to the clip...
Needless to say that once I worked this way out I got on as usually untill almost at the end, just half an hour to go I switched deck to the first deck whcih I mainly had used on Saturdaynight, now here's something I don't understand...all the layers where reversed, so layer one was seven, seven was one five was two, two was five and so on :shock:
Of course it was no problem working like this, but I really, Really don't understand how this could have happened, the scaling thing, yeah maybe a setting I don't know, but the layers to switch position in the deck??

It's not really a serious problem further, I cleaned up everything this morning and loaded fresh content so it'll work fine tonight :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: I had 2 very very strange things yesterday....

Post by Joris »

when I clicked a loop for preview, it was fine, filling out the whole screen...when clicked to the layer for viewing, the clip was double the size and I needed to scale it down to 54% to fit it right, and my height&width sliders (from the loop, not the deck) didn't work,
Sounds like you had Layer Width and Height enabled.
here's something I don't understand...all the layers where reversed, so layer one was seven, seven was one five was two, two was five and so on :shock:
That's a strange one. I've never heard of that happening. Did you change the layer order at any point?
so layer one was seven, seven was one five was two, two was five and so on
So what happened to 6? Maybe it was afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9 ;)

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Joris wrote: Sounds like you had Layer Width and Height enabled.
No I had not, I noticed the checkboxes and tried them checked and unchecked...
Joris wrote: That's a strange one. I've never heard of that happening. Did you change the layer order at any point?
No sir I did not, I really dunno what happened and I just couldn't stop laughing about it :D
Joris wrote: So what happened to 6? Maybe it was afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9 ;)
good one, I don't know....maybe i sneaked itself to 3 where 3 was going up to kick 4 down...
No, my bad, I meant 7 switched 1, 6 switched 2, 3 switched 5, 4 was holding grounds....

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Well, I have no idea what would cause either of these things. Very intriguing. It's almost a shame you cleaned it up, because it's kind of impossible to diagnose an issue that's no longer happening...