Blending modes and Matrox TripleHead2Go

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sugarlove
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Blending modes and Matrox TripleHead2Go

Post by sugarlove »

Hello
I have a question about my composition setup for output to 3 screens using a Matrox TripleHead2Go hopefully someone can help me with
I’m running 6 layers of video – 2 layers of each part of the composition that is going out to each different screen
I like to run two layers of video for each channel at the same time so that I can mix them together with blending modes.
However whenever I put the top layer onto a 50 Mask or multiply blending mode it mixes with the one directly below fine it but then cuts out all the other layers.
Is there some way around this? Or maybe the option for the blending modes to select which layer they effect?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Blending modes and Matrox TripleHead2Go

Post by Joris »

Blend modes always affect all the layers underneath them, that's the way things work in Resolume.

To make the other layers visible, you'll need to somehow make the areas outside of the clip white. There's two ways you can do this. One is pretty straightforward, just re-render your mask clip on trips resoluion on a white background.

The other method is quicker, and doesn't require re-rendering. Apply a Solid Color effect on the mask layer. Switch the render order of transformations and effects. Now set the Saturation value to 0 to make the Solid white, and toggle Show Image to bring back the original clip on top.

Hope that helps....
Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 10.09.30.png

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Blending modes and Matrox TripleHead2Go

Post by Oaktown »

Another option would be to adjust your layers to match your TH2G. Take a look at my replies in post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11229 which is based on using a TH2G in 3072x768. Let me know if any of it doesn't make sense.