LOW MEMORY!!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
clanoue
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: LOW MEMORY!!

Post by clanoue »

One other question. How much extra stress does putting content outside the regular area add?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

just as much as playing another layer anyway.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

3. place a 10x10 pixel solid color on layer 5, set the position so, it is outside the composition eg you don't see it.
(i would not use clip opacity as it has a bug when transitiontimes are not 0)
Another easy way to get a transparent clip to work with transition times is to use the solid color source and bring the alpha and brightness down to 0.

clanoue
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by clanoue »

ravensc wrote:just as much as playing another layer anyway.
Thank you.

I'm still cutting my teeth on resolume. Hopefully I will be able to post a video of this setup once its all working....

On another note I called Blackmagic the other day.... So straight up got some tin foil hat wearing tech. He tells me Black magic makes "shitty" card, I mean choose's to make card that dont have powered inputs (which they could do but don't he said). So because of this my POWERED (which I thought would negate this problem) HDMI Balun wont work on the input. I ask about work around's because there no choice but to have this computer 120 foot cable length away from the DJ booth. I ask, could I use an HDMI switch/hub/matrix/splitter anything at the receiving end to give it proper power. The tech then tells me that I risk setting the blackmagic card on fire or setting my motherboard on fire. Yes he said on fire, not just burning out the input, but he said the card might light on fire..... Then he tells me that my warranty is now void because I might try this. All I can say is Fuck Black Magic at this point.

Now I ask again what would you do. if you need that length and he tells me the one thing I dont want to hear. He says I need to get HDMI to SDI converters to get that length. I dont have the budget for those at the moment, so for now I'm using a china special $30 VGA to Composite converter then running composite into the card..... I guess this is my fault for not knowing but there no way I could have known without trying it 1st which sucks......

Anyway thats my rant. Any other thoughts or advice are appreciated as always.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Whenever I can I use HD-SDI for anything I do these days but I still use long HDMI cable runs all the time with very little problems. I use 100' cables with built-in signal boosters (Aurum or BluRigger) and when I go beyond 100' I use 1x2 or 1x4 splitter/amps (Jtech) for another 50'. I can't imagine it would be a problem with the BMD Intensity Pro

A few notes:
With a digital cable, use the long cable first, amplify then use the short cable .
If you use a 100' cable with a booster, they are directional so make sure you run it the right way or you'll have to run it again!
With the splitter/amps, plug the HDMI cables in then power up the source and target.