Image size.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
TheSoldier
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Image size.

Post by TheSoldier »

So I have a project where I have to use pictures. The image that I will use in the middle LED screen is 3000 x 2400. The next image that I will use is 1944 x 2896 which will be shown on both sides (on a separate LED screen). It's like a fashion show where you can see 2 full body shots on the left and right and a half body shot on the middle. My problem is can Resolume handle these images? If not, what size do you recommend?

PS: I just received these image dimensions from the organizers. They might give the pictures to me tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Image size.

Post by drazkers »

Whats the resolution of the video wall?

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

drazkers wrote:Whats the resolution of the video wall?

+1
:mrgreen:
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

TheSoldier

Post by TheSoldier »

drazkers wrote:Whats the resolution of the video wall?
1280 x 720

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

maybe try again in whole Sentences :

Resolution of the Middel Part ist :
Resolution of the two Side Parts are :

Just take this Resolution for your Images as well becouse you wont need any more Pixxels then this ( IF you dont want to zoom in while the Show or only take a part of the whole Picture )
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

TheSoldier

Post by TheSoldier »

I just wan to know if will resolume crash if I drag the image in my comp? because the last time I imported a large size file it crashed. I dont have any problem with my output later on. I just want to know if resolume pick's a specific size of the image.?

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

just not to force resolume work more then it have :

get the pictures in the same quality then you will send them out, then i dont see any problems with resolume handle the pictures.

i had a show with ~20 pics in 4000x3000 but my output was only 1024x768 so in just made them to this resolution before the show ;) but the test with the higher resolution worked as well.
~Berlin~

TheSoldier

Post by TheSoldier »

He2neg wrote:i had a show with ~20 pics in 4000x3000 but my output was only 1024x768 so in just made them to this resolution before the show ;) but the test with the higher resolution worked as well.
You made them 1024x768 in resolume?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

No, the idea is that you do *not* load these large images in Resolume. Instead it's much more efficient to scale them before hand to the resolution you need, using a different software.

If you do a quick search, there were quite a few recent threads on memory management and large images.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You could do that in Resolume but you'd have to create a composition that has the size you need, scale your pictures to the comp and take screenshots (under the output menu). But if you have several pics and want to have more control of the output, you're better off using software such as Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperture to do batch changes.

If necessary, take a look at the following link to know how to do batch changes in Lightroom: http://digital-photography-school.com/b ... lightroom/

Regardless of what you do with your images in Resolume (zoom, effects, etc...) you will get the best output if you match your composition and the size of the outputs to the native resolutions of your projectors and not have to do any mapping or keystoning. I always set my comps as an aggregate of all my projectors' resolutions and my goal is to minimize the amount of wasted pixels so I always start with a piece a paper, a pencil and a calculator but I'm old school when it comes to that.

No point in having a 2K image in a 1024x768 projector since you'll lose 75% of the information when the image is scaled down. Now if you need to zoom into a 2K image at 200%, then having a 2K image in a 1024x768 projector is perfect since you'll be showing 25% of the 2K image hence 1024x768 pixels.