Dualhead2Go Analog supported on Macbook ??

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
0x80
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Dualhead2Go Analog supported on Macbook ??

Post by 0x80 »

I have a dualhead2go analog edition that I'm trying to use with a Mac, but the drivers from Matrox are all for windows. On some forums I read that you don't need any drivers, but my computer only sees a single 1024x768 and the output from the matrox is 2 time the same content.

Am I missing something obvious or is this thing not supported?

I need to drive 2 vga beamers and I don't know what else to use. Suggestions are very welcome! ;) Thanks
Last edited by 0x80 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Dualhead2Go Analog supported on Mac ??

Post by pfelberg »

Matrox told me that they do not support Triplehead2Go Analog on the Mac. Perhaps it is still the same for the Dualhead.
Still I am able to run my triple head in "some" Macbook Pros by just plug and play it. But I am locked to the base resolution for each monitor.
Some guys had suggested me using SwitchResX4 on the mac for being able to increase resolution. Haven´t trie it yer.

0x80

Re: Dualhead2Go Analog supported on Mac ??

Post by 0x80 »

Thanks I'm going to give that a try tomorrow! If it doesn't work, what other options do I have for driving 2 vga beamers from a macbook pro?

I think the dualhead2go display port edition also supports vga if you use dp2vga converter cables. Can anyone confirm this?

gabonacorp

Re: Dualhead2Go Analog supported on Macbook ??

Post by gabonacorp »

I have a THTGO DP and it is not support VGA converter cables.

but dualheadtogo digital is:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/produ ... o/digital/

and it supports mac environment.

if I were you than I would buy this:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/produ ... tal/#close

it supports DVI and VGA, two or three outputs.

but if you have more money than buy this:

http://www.datapath.co.uk/products/mult ... atapath-x4

4 outputs and far better than Matrox (of course the price is much higher, I know)

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

Switch res X can force a resolution for analogue resolutions. Its been my go to solution to work for those annoying as hell boxes for years.

0x80

Post by 0x80 »

I did get it to work I thought with switchresx, but somehow it seemed instable. Not sure what went wrong yet I have to do more tests.

Meanwhile I got this reply from Matrox:
The DualHead2Go Analog Edition is only compatible with computers that have a VGA output port that is native to the body of the computer. No adapters are to be used at the input of the Matrox GXM product line as they create bottlenecks limiting the required bandwidth. This will result in limited to no output resolution. The DualHead2Go Analog only has 2 available resolutions which are 2048 x 768 and 2560 x 1024.
@drazkers Have you successfully used switchresx + displayport/thunderbolt->VGA? From what Matrox is saying I think the output from the adaptor plug might be too limited?

@gabonacorp I was planning to buy the DP version instead, and use it with active dp>vga adapters, but you are saying that it is not compatible with that? :| The Matrox website connectivity chart says you need a 3rd party active dp>vga converter. I assume this is what they mean:
http://www.accellcables.com/products/ul ... ve-adapter

Is that what you've tried?

For this project we don't have any money for more professional solutions unfortunately, but thanks for the tip. Next time I'll try to find budget for something like that.
Last edited by 0x80 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

gabonacorp

Post by gabonacorp »

I think it can work with active adapters but I haven't got experience with that.

0x80

Post by 0x80 »

Ok thanks I'll give them a try then and see what happens!

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

0x80 wrote:
@drazkers Have you successfully used switchresx + displayport/thunderbolt->VGA? From what Matrox is saying I think the output from the adaptor plug might be too limited?
Yep. Multiple mac books and mac book pros. Is finicky tho. No unplugs and replugs during the show.