Loose webcam after loading comp

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Bang Boom Ben
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Loose webcam after loading comp

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

Hello,
if I start a new comp the webcam-stream always works fine. As soon as I save the comp and reload it the webcam picture will not be streamed although the led of the cam is triggered.

Seems that this bug has only occured in the newer versions (I didn't check yet in which version this started) and just for some cam types, ieg. the Logitech c920 works fine, the LifeCam Cinema doesn't. Does anyone have the same problems or knows a workaround. Tryning now to downgrade to older versions where this worked fine.

Best,
b
b

Bang Boom Ben
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Loose webcam after loading comp

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

I found the problem.

Generally the problem is caused because I use mulitple camera on my laptop. I found out that Resolume (probably bound to my hardware) just can process two live streams with a max resolution of 640x480 simultaneously. Probably is the bottleneck the capacity of the usb controller but in contrast if I run both streams outside of resolume simultaneously with webcam software they work in higher resolutions side by side (so probably resolume is a bottleneck?).

Problem is now if I want to load a comp with a higher resolution than 640x480 the webcams will be all black because resolume forces the stream resolution to the comp size. A workaround I describe here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11586
b