R4 can't handle 2 identical webcams

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Bang Boom Ben
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

R4 can't handle 2 identical webcams

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

For a theater setup I use two C920 Logitech webcams (they have a very good quality and almost no delay) with Resolume Arena 4. The program recognizes and shows me 2 webcams of the same type in the sources list but i doesn't matter which I drag in the clip container - I always get the same stream (it only can adress one of the streams or it list 2 webcams but use the same stream for both of them)

By now I found a workaround: I process the 2nd camera through MagicCamera, in which I can choose it as input and it will be rerouted to Resolume through MagicCamera source clip.
b

dun_panic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: R4 can't handle 2 identical webcams

Post by dun_panic »

yeah, same here. i need to know whether resolume can receive 2 sdi inputs from 2 blackmagic device

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I use three to four BMD SDI inputs (1 decklink duo + 2 decklink studio pcie cards) regularly without any issues.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Using 2 webcams is always a bit hit and miss. You get the best results when you use two devices that don't share the same driver.

If you use two ( or more ) BM devices, there won't be any problems using them simultaneously.

Bang Boom Ben
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

Thx fpr the reply. Is working with 2 identical cams a general problem or resolume specific? Especially when u work with mulitple streams you the best result is when u use the same cameras. So, if it's a resolume problem it should be adressed. Anyway the workaround with MagicCamera works so far.

The only known problem in windows in case of using multiple Logitech c920 webcams is that u can't change the options of the cameras as the logitech software can't switch between the 2 cameras. See: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webcams/M ... -p/1344917
b