DMX delay

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Marshmallow
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DMX delay

Post by Marshmallow »

I have a slight problem using dmx input. There are delay from 5s to something like 4min. I'm using enttech dmxusb pro and Resolume Arena 4.1.11. I have tested that there are no delay with other softwares, so it's only with Resolume. Log file is saying

Code: Select all

WARNING: rj::EnttecDevice::run: Received dmx packet which was too short, processing truncated data from interface 'USB PRO 1-0'.
I'm using Stairville light command 24 if it matters. I could also try with another light deskt, but I think that's not the issue.
Im running on Windows 7 64bit, AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Menno
Team Resolume

Re: DMX delay

Post by Menno »

This is an issue related to the communication between the enttec device and resolume. What this warning is saying is that the data stream from the enttec device to resolume is corrupted.
You can try disabling the device in resolume, then restart and enable the device again. If that doesn't work you might have to replug the device, or check your cables/device for any damage.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I'm just commenting so i don't forget about this.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Do you have the most recent firmware and driver for your Enttec device?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for responding, guys.

OP also contacted us directly. The problem went away after switching to a different desk.