Basic Output Problem- Assigning output to projectors

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
IsocellatorComm
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Basic Output Problem- Assigning output to projectors

Post by IsocellatorComm »

Hello All,

My problem is pretty basic, It seems that I cannot get Resolume to recognize or output to my second display device.

When clicking on my "Output" tab, I only have two options, DISPLAY1 (1440x810) and DISPLAY4 (0x0). DISPLAY1 selects my laptop's home screen, and DISPLAY4 does nothing.

I am running Windows 8.1, and it registers (and uses) the second display; even showing the model # of the monitor in my Control Panel settings and correctly slaps a big "2" on the screen when asked to identify my second display.

While running Resolume (4.1.11), I can move the cursor off the right side of the screen, and it appears on the 2nd, I can even drag the Resolume interface (by it's topmost bar) over to my other display, but the device does not appear in the "Output" tab, or the "Advanced" menu within the Output tab...

My GFX card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M, which also recognizes my 2nd display by model # in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

I'm relatively new to the Windows environment, so I may be missing something obvious here....

Thanks!
IC

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Basic Output Problem- Assigning output to projectors

Post by sleepytom »

This is a DPI scaling bug, you need to set your windows desktop scaling to be 100%

see http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/28 ... 8-1-a.html for instructions on where the settings are.

cheers
tom

IsocellatorComm
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Basic Output Problem- Assigning output to projectors

Post by IsocellatorComm »

Fixed! That was exactly it! Thank You!

Tom, you are an excellent human being!

Unless, of course, you are not a human and are instead some type of cyborg or alien or something; in which case, you are an excellent one of those!

Thanks again!