New Mac Pro FPS Problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: New Mac Pro FPS Problems

Post by Joris »

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for trying anyway.

So, something else must be going wrong then. Reading back, I'm not quite clear on how your monitors are connected.
Yes one gpu is connected to all my outs and the other does other calculations. The way the cards work together.
So, all your monitors, including the one with the Res interface, are connected to one GPU? What are the calculations that the other is doing?

bryerkerk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by bryerkerk »

What's interesting is when my FPS is down I repair the permissions of my Hard Drive and my FPS gets back up to 60 FPS. It will still jump down after awhile though.

bryerkerk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by bryerkerk »

My problem has been fixed! So after talking with the guys at Resolume I concluded that it was NOT Resolume. I have always had playback problems with other software since day one of receiving my Mac Pro from Apple. I took it in for repair after I discovered I was getting Ram Module Errors on all of my ram and they could not find anything wrong with it! They tested it for days and everything came back normal. The logic board was moved over making the ram hard to access. After the put the logic board back in place seated the ram again the errors were gone!

I came back with the mac pro and Resolume plays amazing. All along it was my computer, but I never thought it was because it was new. Lesson learned, never assume there is nothing wrong with your computer even if it is new. I am a little disappointed with Apple for this but it is solved now and all of my problems are fixed!

Thank you Resolume for guiding me through this problem!

dun_panic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dun_panic »

good to hear that bro :D