Capture Input via the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
es flackert
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Capture Input via the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable

Post by es flackert »

Hi there,

looked here in the forums and on google but couldn't find anything specific on the device i have.

i got an averMedia live gamer portable
http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/de/game_ ... r_portable

the device works fine with what it's supposed to do: recording via it's dedicated software recCentral and also recording in stand-alone mode onto a sd-card.

i was wandering if i am also able to use it as a capture device within resolume. it shows up in the sources as avermedia c875 capture but it doesn't seem to get any signal. also it's locked to a resolution of 640x480. no settings-button available.

i tried the averMedia software LPG stream engine. this leaves a new entry in resolume's sources but same issues.

any experience with that device?

cheers

manuelgazzo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Capture Input via the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable

Post by manuelgazzo »

Hello es flackert!!

I also have the Avermedia Live Gamer Portable... the thing is that for some technical reason, beyond my understanding, Avermedia devices do not work as easy as plug and play on Resolume. BUT most of the times there is a workaround... in your case use a third software such as XSPLIT... and voila!!! You got your Live Gamer Portable on Resolume.... XSPLIT Broadcaster appears as a source in Resolume.... XSPLIT is cheap... you pay a monthly license that can be around $5 dollars a month.... that is coooool... although XSPLIT is supposed to be used for streaming and stuff, it has very interesting features that can even be interesting for us as Resolume users...

Give it a try. I´ll be glad to help you if you still can´t get it to work.

Cheers!!!