Response Time Detecting TV's

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ks724
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Response Time Detecting TV's

Post by Ks724 »

I have a very time sensitive setup time. Right now, after plugging in 10 hdmi connected tv's. It takes resolume approx. 2 minutes to detect them all upon opening. I need to get that under 1 minute. Is that more memory (running 16 GB) or is there any other software trick to help speed up loading and detection? I'm desperate for any ideas. Thank you!

Ks724

Re: Response Time Detecting TV's

Post by Ks724 »

We're waiting to open resolume after powering on and plugging in all 10 tv's to that they are all detected correctly.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

does your os detect them right away without resolume?
do you have them all connected directly to the computer,or use any external hardware between the pc and the TVs?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Can you describe your whole setup from computer to TVs including GPU, splitters, TVs etc...?

Is it one signal split 10 ways or 10 discreet signals?

Ks724

Post by Ks724 »

10 60" Vizio TV's
Each is running HDMI through a Gefen Detective Plus. Connected in to an Active HDMI to Mini DisplayPort adapter and then directly into two AMD Radeon HD7870's

Running Resolume on Windows 8 Pro with 16 GB of memory. Nothing else on this system.

10 separate signals extending the desktop across all. They all are recognized by the OS.

If Resolume is open before plugging them in, it only picks up 5 out of 10 displays. Basically just the one video card.

The computer is powered on. We then power on the TV's. Plug the mini display port adapters in the exact same positions each time.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

have you tried, than in a different order: pugging everything in, power on the tv-s then power on the computer?

where do you have that 2 minutes in the procedure?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Why don't you disconnect downstream from the Geffen units and keep your adapters connected to the GPU?

Also I think you should only be using 4 active adapters with these cards so the first two should be passive.

Ks724

Post by Ks724 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying them this evening.
It seems like we are rolling the dice each time.

Even once we get all 10 running correctly. We'll shut down for a few days leaving everything connected. Start back up and then struggle for 2-3 hours to get all 10 extended and live again. It's frustrating!

We have four "HDMI directly to Mini-DisplayPort" cables with no active adapter. I was assuming those would be "active" but maybe they are passive? Maybe that is our issue.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

How did you program your Gefen Detective Plus units?

Do you have HDMI or DVI units?

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by sleepytom »

Is this for touring?

The best method I would suggest is to use an HDMI or DVI matrix between the ATI cards and the TVs - so in your rack you will have the PC and the matrix switch - this will enable you to get the card outputs all working without the TVs plugged in at all, using as few as 2 monitors (one for the control interface and one on an output of the matrix which you can then switch to check each input from the card is active.

I highly recommend Lightware Matrix switchers, they have excellent quality and can do complex EDID management internally.

cheers
tom