Noob Problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Noob Problems

Post by Kadete »

Hello everyone,
1. Having some dificulty to mapping my Midi Controller to get speeds sliders (Master Speed, Layer Speed, Effect Speed,...) on my Dashboard, so i can get the feedback on resolume without that i have to down looking to the knob.

2. Can't find where i select the effect for the crossfader AB (there's one?)

3. I'm not using audio features, why the BPM tab doesn't hide, like the crossfader for the audio? (i could see 2 more composition effects :D)
Last edited by Kadete on Mon Mar 30, 2015 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Noob Problems

Post by He2neg »

On 3. :

You sometimes need the BPM even if you dont use any Audio.
you can assaign effects / clip playbackspeed / and other stuff...

I use it to BPM tap the audio speed of the song manuall and have the playback of the clip on bpm as well. This is the easy way to set the speed of the clip to the speed of the music you are supporting with the visuals ;)
also you can do a strobe effect in sync to the BPM
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Noob Problems

Post by Kadete »

Thanks for the answer.
I also have to do lighting, i have a hand on a midi controller (QuNeo) for the lights and other hand for VJings (APC40), so for me is more pratical to just have a knob (and a button to reset speed (1.00) on forward) to set the speed instead trying to get the right taps when i'm concentrating on get the real (light) strob speed (not by tapping... if both were we would be talking another story :)) or in explosions.