HELP! OSC functionality disappeared?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cevansroberts
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

HELP! OSC functionality disappeared?

Post by cevansroberts »

Hi everyone,

So one day out from a big show I wanted to test my set-up on an alternate machine to see if it could handle a little more (I know I know bad idea). So I de-authorised resolume arena 4.1.8 (old I know but has been stable in a complex system) on my main machine and tested it out on another. When I re-authorised on my main machine the OSC functionality seems to have stopped working (I trigger everything via OSC).

I've tried switching the OSC input off and on, changing the port numbers (on both the controlling software to match etc.) Nothing happening. I know the software I'm using to control Arena is sending the messages correctly formated (it was working this morning and has done for years).

Any ideas what I might be overlooking?

Many thanks,

Chris

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: HELP! OSC functionality disappeared?

Post by sleepytom »

firewall? misconfigured ethernet?

is this OSX or windows?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: HELP! OSC functionality disappeared?

Post by Zoltán »

open a command line window, (terminal ) and try to ping the controller machine drom the controlled.
if you get no packets back you have a network problem.
that could be firewall, cable, bad settings on either side.

also check the ip - port settings in both softwares again, most likely you have a typo, which you are overlooking.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu