Timeline doesn't work if the video has embedded audio

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Timeline doesn't work if the video has embedded audio

Post by Joris »

We'd love to get our hands on one of these files...

gabonacorp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gabonacorp »

I will send some files to you today but honestly I don't think that this belongs to the files. I use Media Encoder 5.5 and tried with several codecs and in 4.1.11 everything works perfect.

My opinion is that something changed in the audio rendering code in 4.2, or the new dxv osx preview plugin cause this strange behavior in some specific cases.

Or just hackintosh can not manage this tiny details in the audio codecs. I hope that I will upgrade to 1.8.5 today so I will let you know if anything changes.

gabonacorp

Post by gabonacorp »

update:

Mainly same hardware - only GTX 680 changed to GTX Titan X - but 10.8.3 upgraded to 10.10.3 and the problem disappeared. Res 4.2 timeline mode works as expected.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It turns out this is probably caused by the Clip Start Offset. Setting it to anything other than 0 gives this weird result, but only on AV files.

gabonacorp

Post by gabonacorp »

yes, I read the other topic's infos. fresh install so fresh pref files for Res. I will check it with this start offset and give you a feedback.