Ableton>Resolume. 2 computers. MIDI 'effect' control Delay

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
rotomanic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Ableton>Resolume. 2 computers. MIDI 'effect' control Delay

Post by rotomanic »

Hello Forum!

I am having a difficult problem to overcome.

1 computer running Ableton midi synced to a 2nd computer running Resolume.

MIDI clock keeping time and all clips triggering successfully. I have effects applied to each clip which are also controlled by a MIDI Korg Nano pad connected to the 1st Ableton computer. When I turn a dial or move a slider on the Korg Pad there is a large, unworkable amount of delay before the effect takes place. The slider does not slide up and down, it jumps into place. - This is completely out of sync with the effect being applied to the audio.

I can not figure out why this happens?

Both machines are high end Mac Book Pros (2014). Synced together with CAT5 network cable. Before I connected each computer together, I built & tested the sync up between Ableton & Resolume running on 1 single machine. There is no delay on the effects when running like this.

• Have you heard of this happening before?
• Could it be that I am using a CAT5 cable and need to use CAT5e? - Would this make a difference?
• Is there a secondary app I need to run to help route the MIDI?
• If none of the above, is there a solution?

There must be a solution as I can not be the first person to do this. I have searched google but found no answers. I have searched your forum but not found the answer or same problem which makes me think something obvious is not right. I can find no specific help on this in the manual either.

Many, many thanks,

rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Ableton>Resolume. 2 computers. MIDI 'effect' control Del

Post by rxfromparis »

it's a ableton problem, i've had it too. It has something to do with midi info coming into ableton then "re-directed" to midi output. I remember solving this buy making the midi input attache to a ableton function, then get the midi out to resolume. I'll get back to u on this if not solved ;)
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))