FFGL Plugin Problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

FFGL Plugin Problems

Post by AdevProjects »

I am trying to use Bigfug's Power Spectrum plugin on windows. (http://www.bigfug.com/product/ffgl-powe ... r-windows/)

I have two machines both running windows 7. Both are running Arena 4.2. The plugin works on one machine but not the other. The plugin will load on both machines but only a solid line is displayed on one and the plugin operates normally on the other.

Are there any dependencies that FFGL Plugins require that I might be missing? I have tried uninstalling / re-installing and resetting Arena to default settings with no luck. FFT audio input is working fine on both - Its just the plugin that is the problem. Any ideas?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: FFGL Plugin Problems

Post by Joris »

We can't help with 3rd party plugins, because we have no way to debug them. If it turns out it's something we can fix, we'll be happy to help, but the developer needs to look into this first.

Alex from Bigfug does check these forums, but I think it's best if you contact him directly as well.

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

The BigFug plugins read directly from the default sound device. Make sure you've got a default device set that is playing audio on the machine.

You can't configure the source of the FFGL like you can on the FFT, it just looks at the default.

AdevProjects

Post by AdevProjects »

Sadler wrote:The BigFug plugins read directly from the default sound device. Make sure you've got a default device set that is playing audio on the machine.

You can't configure the source of the FFGL like you can on the FFT, it just looks at the default.
Thanks heaps, this fixed the problem :). Changing the default input device did the trick. I had wrongly assumed that the plugin would have gotten audio from the host (Arena).

Mr.ESK
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Mr.ESK »

Hello, I am new to the forum. which means that the plugins read directly from the default sound device? inside of which folder I must put the plugin? Thanks for your help

AdevProjects

Post by AdevProjects »

In resolume preferences in the video tab you can add folders that resolume will search in for plugins when you start the program.

My original post was about one of bigfug's plugins - other developers may have decided to do things differently regarding which audio device a plugin uses. But with Bigfug's power spectrum for example it will use the device currently marked as default. (In the case of that plugin it seems to only use the Left channel too)

Mr.ESK

Post by Mr.ESK »

my problem is that I have loaded the fugScope and fugPower plugins in the plugin folder of Resolume but the program does not read them as vfx and even as a source. where am I wrong?

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Try looking here...
http://resolume.com/manual/en/r5/prefer ... references

You can put your plugins anywhere and then tell the app where to look.

If your plugins are really failing to load then check the log file through the Feedback section in Preferences or look in:
C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Roaming\Resolume (on Windows)

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Have you unzipped them?

Mr.ESK

Post by Mr.ESK »

Yes Oaktown, i unzipped them