UNDO and CTRL X

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
knickers
Is taking Resolume on a second date

UNDO and CTRL X

Post by knickers »

semi - resolved.

i am surprised to see that UNDO is not supported. in creative applications, i consider UNDO to be part of core functionality.

regarding ctrl x: my issue was that i was clicking on the clip thumbnail, rather than the titlename rectangle below the thumbnail. i see now that one must select the clip via title in order to use ctrl+ functions.

there does seem to be bug that i'll describe below, see if you can reproduce it:

1- cut a clip.
2- move to another cell block
3- paste
4- without changing focus, cut the same clip
5- move to another cell block
6- paste. NOTE: clipboard is empty.
Last edited by knickers on Sun Jun 14, 2015 23:44, edited 2 times in total.

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: 2 small issues driving me nuts: CTRL X and UNDO

Post by ReggieUnderground »

Keyboard commands for Cut Copy Paste should be working. When you try to paste, are you first clicking the bar on the bottom part of a clip cell in the Deck (where clip names are written)? The horizontal bar will highlight and that's how you set the destination for your paste.

Resolume 4.x does not currently support Undo. This is a highly requested feature and the developers are aware.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: 2 small issues driving me nuts: CTRL X and UNDO

Post by drazkers »

I've been noticing random empty cuting and pasting as well, I assumed my OS needed to be wiped. This may be a legit bug.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: UNDO and CTRL X

Post by Joris »

Hmmmm. Works for me, unfortunately. Any ideas on how we can better reproduce it?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: UNDO and CTRL X

Post by drazkers »

Joris wrote:Hmmmm. Works for me, unfortunately. Any ideas on how we can better reproduce it?
I haven't been able to reproduce it, hence my lack of emails. But there was a period with it happening alot, I started hitting copy then cut and it hasn't happened again. I'm on a plane for awhile tomorrow. I'll try to reproduce consistently.