Embedded audio issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Embedded audio issue

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

What about your audio settings in preferences? I notice your audio file is 48k, just make sure your audio file matches the output settings in preferences. I've tested with several different clips of my own with no issues, could be a mismatched setting somewhere

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you like, you can send us the file and we'll take a look as well.

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

Thanks Joris,
I will send it over shortly.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Cvanhoose, can you please report back after this is all figured out?

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

Oaktown wrote:Cvanhoose, can you please report back after this is all figured out?
Will do! Thanks for the help.

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

"Sync on looped playback over extended periods of time is
not something we can guarantee. On every loop, a few milliseconds
difference can occur, which will result in frames difference over
time."

I will continue to use Arena for some show scenarios, I have purchased a D3 system.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

To be complete on this, it wasn't clear to me the loss of sync occurs only after 15 minutes of repeated looping.

If you want this kind of sync on multiple videos using Resolume, it's better to use the BPM clock or an external time source like SMPTE. Otherwise the timing relies on the individual videos 're-triggering' themselves when they're done, which may be off by a few millis on each loop. And this can result in a difference of a frame when given enough time.

For syncing multiple instances of a single video, the layer router is also a good solution.

And of course, if you can afford D3, that's got some nifty features as well.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Joris wrote:For syncing multiple instances of a single video, the layer router is also a good solution.
Cvanhoose, the layer router is a very powerful but overlooked feature of Resolume! Not only it will keep all the instances of a single video nicely synced up but it lets you manage a lot of live video transitions that can't be achieved without it. Using the layer router in combination with the advanced output layer bypass/solo, you can even create multiple independent sub-compositions and easily manage complex output configurations.

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

Oaktown wrote:
Joris wrote:For syncing multiple instances of a single video, the layer router is also a good solution.
Cvanhoose, the layer router is a very powerful but overlooked feature of Resolume! Not only it will keep all the instances of a single video nicely synced up but it lets you manage a lot of live video transitions that can't be achieved without it. Using the layer router in combination with the advanced output layer bypass/solo, you can even create multiple independent sub-compositions and easily manage complex output configurations.

I use Layer routing very often. The only issue have using the Layer router was the transition timing. The router grabs the transition from the source layer. Which works fine when all other routed layer transitions are set to 0 for column triggering. When killing the comp, only the source layer has a transition out.
Unfortunately the BPM clock is not an option for me in the corporate shows, I need to play video with audio in Timeline mode. Concerts,-BPM is a must.
My workflow for this particular show was:
I needed a different video on each screen played in sync. They were all timelined together when created, to theme the ballroom with different colors on each video. One video had linked audio(wav), not important. ALL VIDEOS HAVE THE SAME TIMING.

Column triggering these videos, eventually lost the sync over time.

SMPTE is an option if you want to trigger with an audio source.

Joris

Post by Joris »

If it's only these 3 clips, you can set the master BPM to the calculated BPM of the clip and they will play back at their original speed, but synced.

But hey, if you have access to D3, there's no need for us to find workarounds for you, right? :)