How do I exclude layers from the composition?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

How do I exclude layers from the composition?

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Just a quick question which I can't get done now...
I want to have one layer exclusive for the dj booth, a separate slice, which comes on top of the composition, but when I have both on the layer for the booth also shows in the compositions thus fucking up my setup...any ideas how to get this fixed?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: How do I exclude layers from the composition?

Post by Oaktown »

One way would be to turn the opacity of your DJ layer(s) down to 0, then in [Advanced Output]:
  • select the screen that outputs to the DJ booth
    create a slice that has the DJ content (note that if you have more than one layer, you'll need to create one slice per layer)
    in [Input Source] dropdown menu of [Input Selection] select the layer you want
    put that slice on top of all your other slices
    uncheck layer opacity
Now you should be able to see your DJ layers in the booth but not in the rest of the screens. Note that these DJ layers can be located anywhere in your comp even as the first layer.

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Oaktown wrote: uncheck layer opacity
It was this one in combination with layer A and the rest on Layer B with the cross-fade to B what does what I like, your option would give only the layer with logo's I need the visuals in the background too...
Still think it would be nice to exclude a layer from the composition so you can use it solely therefore...

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Yuckfou157 wrote: your option would give only the layer with logo's I need the visuals in the background too...
All you have to do then is add one composition slice below your DJ slice that has the composition as source and you should be set