FFGL viewport bug on layers?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
bigfug
Is taking Resolume on a second date

FFGL viewport bug on layers?

Post by bigfug »

Hi chaps,

Was just testing some reports that my fugFeedbackGL FFGL plugin wasn't working when dropped onto a layer.

It works but it chops off part of the output.

I did some debug and it looks like Resolume is passing in the wrong values (swapping width and height) for the viewport during FF_INSTANTIATEGL

When dropping onto a clip:

VP: x=0 y=0 w=640 h=480

When dropping onto a layer:

VP: x=0 y=0 w=480 h=640

Can you guys have a quick look at this?

Best wishes,

Alex

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: FFGL viewport bug on layers?

Post by Joris »

I've asked Menno to take a look for you. You're in good hands with him ;)

bigfug

Post by bigfug »

Cheers. Thanks Joris!

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

You're right, the width and the height values are swapped indeed. I'll have to see what kind of side-effects correcting this has, in fact, i'm quite surprised layer rendering even works and that this hasn't been noticed on other effects already.
Does swapping the width and height values in your plugin make it work as expected? If so, that's probably the best thing you can do until we release a fix.

bigfug

Post by bigfug »

Menno wrote:You're right, the width and the height values are swapped indeed.
OK, not me going mad, then :-)
Menno wrote:I'll have to see what kind of side-effects correcting this has, in fact, i'm quite surprised layer rendering even works and that this hasn't been noticed on other effects already.
My feedback plugin does all sorts of fun things with extra render buffers and the like, which I guess most plugins don't have to!
Menno wrote:Does swapping the width and height values in your plugin make it work as expected? If so, that's probably the best thing you can do until we release a fix.
I don't think that's going to work as people will have to upgrade again when there is a fix. I might have a look at getting the current viewport with glGetIntegerv but that's operating outside of the specification, so it might cause issues in other FFGL hosts.

Best wishes,

Alex

Videoteque73
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Videoteque73 »

Has this been corrected??

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

No not yet, it's holidays here and work on version four is halted until everyone is back, which should be next week.
To see if we've fixed something you can have a look at the changelog we provide when a new version is released.

Videoteque73
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Videoteque73 »

Thanks!