Windows 10: Avenue 4.2.1 crash on start immediately

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
R.The
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Windows 10: Avenue 4.2.1 crash on start immediately

Post by R.The »

Hi,

we are trying to evaluate Resolume Avenue 4.2.1. I have installed it on a freshly installed Windows 10 64-Bit machine. Avenue quickly shows up and then it hardly crashes. No other software is installed, only latest drivers for GPU and Blackmagic cards and latest Windows Updates. I tried to run it as Administrator, but this makes no difference.

Machine specs:
Intel Xeon CPU, 16GB mem, Nvidia K4200 GPU, Backmagic Decklink Quad Card. I assume, our machine specs should be sufficient for Avenue.

Your technical specs recommend Windows 8.1, minimum is Win 7. Can you confirm, that Avenue works with Windows 10?

Please help,

Regards,

Roland

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Windows 10: Avenue 4.2.1 crash on start immediately

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Works fine with Windows 10. I test at home on a desktop with a gtx 780 and my laptop with a k2000m

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Could you please send your log file to mail@resolume.com?

The log file can be found at C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Resolume

R.The

Post by R.The »

Hi Joris,

I have sent the log file to you.

Thanks for looking at this.

Regards,

Roland

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

I am having the Arena crash consistently on startup on a Windows 10 test machine. The Resolume log doesn't tell much ending at [initialising midi stuff] or [hiding splash screen]. In the windows event log the culprit is igd10umd32.dll which is an Intel video driver. Interestingly, Resolume crashes only when trying to run on the GT525M (I know!) but runs ok but slow on the HD3000.

So if I have the GT 525M as the default display adapter Arena always crashes. If I have the HD3000 as the default it doesn't crash but frame rate is terrible. If HD3000 is default and I choose to run Arena on discrete it crashes - always in the dll mentioned above.

As a note, I've tried several other apps without crashing but then, these apps probably aren't trying to use the video card like Resolume is. So in this particular case it's Intel causing the problem (both drivers are the latest).

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the excellent troubleshooting! We'll see what we can do about this...

takehiko

Post by takehiko »

resolume crash when i use a composition with resolution different from deafult 640x480.
i also found some crash on illustrator and aftereffect when i switch between software in background.

so i contact the nvidia help desk, they told me to use the 352 driver version for windows 7, istead the 355 driver for windows 10.

now resolume work perfectly.
and illustrator too...

but when try aftereffect windows go to block, and i can only switchoff windows pressing power button..

takehiko

Post by takehiko »

today nvidia release a new update 355.82, after this upgrade, everything seem to work perfect, no more crashes.

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

I've update the nVidia driver and opened and closed the application several times. I can also confirm that, so far, no crashes with the new driver on either GPU.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the confirmation, gentlemen. We'll close the ticket for this one.