flashing screen when closing output window ..win7 ,res5

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cash4626
Is taking Resolume on a second date

flashing screen when closing output window ..win7 ,res5

Post by cash4626 »

I needed to unplug one of my monitors and replace it (in the same hdmi port) with a projector, when I did this and then closed the output window my screen flashes non stop,I can get it to stop by hitting the windows key but then the composition screen then fails to load.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: flashing screen when closing output window ..win7 ,res5

Post by Joris »

I'm not completely clear on the exact problem that you're having.

Would you be so kind to take a moment and write down the order of events and what's going wrong where.

Ideally, it would look something like this, so even idiots like us can follow along.

- Set up a single output via HDMI, using the Advanced Output
- Keep the Advanced Output open
- Unplug the output
- Replace it with a different output device.
- Close the output
- Arena will now flash to black at 1 frame intervals.

Of course, you would replace my example steps with your own.

Hopefully, that way, we can recreate the issue in our office and find a solution to the problem.

cash4626
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by cash4626 »

I set my display output to display 1monitor , I then unplug said display(hdmi),replace with new monitor (still hdmi) registers as display 2, I select it, close advanced, and get flashing or black screen

Bonne
Team Resolume

Post by Bonne »

I'm trying to recreate your problem so we can fix it.
Still a lot of things are unclear. Could you make a video recording of your problem and send it to mail@resolume?

Also try to give a more precise (step by step!) description with a more precise terminology.
cash4626 wrote:when I did this and then closed the output window my screen flashes non stop
do you meen selecting virtual output in your advanced screen setup, did you enable your output via top menu 'output' or do you mean you just unplugged it?
cash4626 wrote:my screen flashes non stop,I can get it to stop by hitting the windows key but then the composition screen then fails to load
does your main screen or your 2nd screen flash? and what do you mean with the composition screen fails to load? The main interface doesn't show up, it doesn't react or somewhere in-between?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

First make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU.

Then, the best rule of thumb is to NOT change what's in your GPU (plug or unplug) when Resolume Arena/Avenu is on!

The results will be different from machine to machine but one thing you'll get for sure is a momentary black screen while the GPU registers the changes. And chances are Resolume will not show the new display until you restart or even possibly crash! If the result is different than what you expected, you have to restart Resolume.

Whenever possible, I use artwork from the show I'm doing as desktop background for the projectors/monitors that I'm using. If you're doing any mapping, you can always take a screenshot of your mapped output (that will require to crop your screenshot to have the exact portion you need)

The way to avoid that behavior is to use the inline hardware that simulates EDID between your computer and the monitor/projector such as a Geffen HDMI (or DVI) Detective Plus (http://www.gefen.com/kvm/ext-hd-edidpn. ... d_id=14859).

I also just did a show using a HD-SDI capture card (BMD Decklink Duo) to output two signals to a stack of projectors and forgot to mention in my post about it (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12581) that the screen didn't flash to black when I accidentally unplugged my MiniDP video cable!