Choose Output Monitor

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Choose Output Monitor

Post by Kadete »

Hello :)

How i choose my screen output mapped to be my Output Monitor, so i can have the full preview of what's sending?

Some test example, would like to have my Screen 2 as my Output Monitor:

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Choose Output Monitor

Post by Oaktown »

Choose the output screen under devices in the right side of be advanced output. There will be a drop down menu and you can just pick the right screen.

Kadete

Post by Kadete »

Oaktown wrote:Choose the output screen under devices in the right side of be advanced output. There will be a drop down menu and you can just pick the right screen.
I want to show my output mapped on my Output Monitor >> Preview <<
Last edited by Kadete on Tue Oct 27, 2015 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

Are you trying to get arena's preview onto one of your monitors?

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

I guess... he want to see his mapping in the preview. As far as I know, this is not possible... I'm affraid, you have to split your physical output and use a extra monitor.

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Kadete

Post by Kadete »

cosmowe wrote:I guess... he want to see his mapping in the preview. As far as I know, this is not possible... I'm affraid, you have to split your physical output and use a extra monitor.

Greetings
cosmowe
Yes that was what i mean, i only can see the flat composition, and when we have mapping compositions it should show that instead, like a dropdown to choose: Composition, Screen 1, Screen 2, etc... aside of composition option for selected clip preview

I saw a vj friend using mapping on modul8 and he had a preview of the mapping and not the composition.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

if you have a spare monitor and output, you could route your mapping to two outputs.

switch your existing mapping output to virtual, then make two screens with a slice - input from that virtual output -
one screen for your mapping output, one for your monitor.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I was thinking along the same line so Kadete here is a little demo to show you how it works. This is a new great feature of R5 advanced output.

phpBB [video]

As you can tell your physical outputs don't need to be the same resolution (or even aspect ratio) for this to work.

Kadete

Post by Kadete »

Thanks, i'm already using that strategy in my new club were i'm sending 720p to the vga projectors and 1080p via HMDI to the TV booth.

In the summer i had a job that require mapping, but i had only avenue, so i had to tweak with layers tranform and position the content where i wanted and the effects were working well without more modifications. On the Monitor Output >> Preview - inside Resolume << i had Knowledge of everything that my output was sending, without anymore real HW Monitors that you're suggesting.

I though this was already implemented in Arena:
Not even talking about composition effects that don't work, unless i have a slide with composition input selected...

I'm overcomplicating things?
Should i stick with the avenue aproach, and use only mapping when i'm using projectors? (In this case was kind waste of money on my end :( )
Last edited by Kadete on Wed Oct 28, 2015 19:44, edited 5 times in total.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Kadete wrote:I though this was already implemented in Arena
Joris wrote me once in a topic that the mapped output you see doesn't exist as a texture, but is drawn directly to the output, so what you are looking for would need another render pass,
that's why you can't have a physical output again as input for a slice too.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu