Choose Output Monitor

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Choose Output Monitor

Post by Oaktown »

I'm still not sure what you are trying to accomplish but from your description it sounds like you need to upgrade your system to Arena

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I'm still not sure what you are trying to accomplish
In this particular case, Kadete has made transformations and warped his content in the advanced output. He want to see the result of this in the composition output monitor in the main GUI.

In general, Kadete is still getting his bearings on how Resolume is designed to work. He defaults to blaming the software for lack of features when something doesn't work as he expects.

For instance, in this case, he probably has used lots of layer to slice routing to position and warp his content, with the obvious drawbacks that has for the general workflow. As explained in the manual and in several posts on this forum, a better workflow is to use the layer and clip properties and effects to roughly position your content similar to how it looks on stage. You then use the Input Selection and Output Transformation tabs to do the final aligment warpings required for matching the image to the objects you're projecting on.

Take a look at the manual chapters on creating input maps for projection mapping and layer to slice routing for more info on how best to go about setting up a complex project in Arena.

Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Kadete »

Thanks, my mistake understanding what the mapping mean.
Guess i didn't need upgrade my avenue to arena after all, only time will tell

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you don't see the advantages of Arena's advanced output over Avenue's keystone effects, I have to agree that upgrading to Arena probably was not a good idea. Just drop us a line at mail@resolume.com and I'll be happy to refund you.