Difference Arena Avenue ?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VisualTechnick
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Difference Arena Avenue ?

Post by VisualTechnick »

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a Resolume license and wondering what is the best, and what is the difference between Arena and Avenue.

What is the best for someone who is starting in the VJing and wants something that is easy to setup. I will have 2 output maximum. I won't go to mapping and those kind of tricky stuff. I will trigger it by midi mainly, but if I could by DMX it would be great but I don't know how that works and what you need for that to work.

The computer i will use is not clear yet, based on your knowledge what is better Mac or PC ? I have access to both.

Thanks,

Nick

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Difference Arena Avenue ?

Post by DHoude »

Sounds like you already know. No mapping, get Avenue. If you need DMX, you need Arena.

It is also important to say that you don't need to do mapping to use Arena. It can be used just like Avenue, but you always have the capability of more. Download and test, demo mode is fully functional.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Difference Arena Avenue ?

Post by Oaktown »

Considering the software is 50% off until next Monday, I wouldn't even think about it and purchase Arena 5.0.1 before the price goes back up! Believe me you won't regret it!

You may not think you'll need the mapping feature but unless you always work with monitors, LED screens or square/rectangular surfaces with projectors in the perfect position, you'll probably end up using some of the mapping features on a regular basis.

I'm not a VJ but over the past 3.5 years, I've probably done close to 100 shows/installations with Arena and I can only think of a few times where I didn't need to 1) tweak corners to line things up and get the image exactly where I wanted it or 2) blend projectors to get a larger image.