Trigger clip at the right of the active one from OSC

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
xavier.seignard
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Trigger clip at the right of the active one from OSC

Post by xavier.seignard »

Hello,
I know it has been discussed a lot, but still, I cannot find the solution...
I would like to trigger the clip at the right (or left) of the current clip, from OSC. Something exactly similar to the left/right arrow keys of the keyboard.

But still, I'm unable to find this thing in OSC mapping.

Does it exist? And if so, where it is?

(I'm using Resolume Arena 4.1.10)

Regards

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Trigger clip at the right of the active one from OSC

Post by Zoltán »

xavier.seignard wrote:But still, I'm unable to find this thing in OSC mapping.
Does it exist? And if so, where it is?
You'd have to program that,
or if you're ok with column level triggering try this to see if it does what you would expect with Enter for next, and Backspace for previous.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

xavier.seignard
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by xavier.seignard »

Hello ravensc,

Thanks for your answer, your software seems promising, but I want to trigger next clip and not a column. I don't get why there is no such OSC mapping? Playing the right next clip of the active one on the active layer. Since the keyboard mapping exists, what would prevent it to exist in OSC mapping?!

I tried to do some software programs that emit keyboard events, it works ok, but I need to have the focus on Resolume. Is there a way to programaticaly trigger the next clip at all??

I don't get why there no such OSC mapping?!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

your software seems promising, but I want to trigger next clip and not a column.
you could set the other clips in the columns to ignore column trigger, and with Clicker enabled in background you can assign keyboard keys to Controllers next and previous event. default is pageDown/pageUp

If you pogram your own OSC control program, you would listen to and parse the desired layers messages ex: /layer3/clip10/connect int 1 , get the clip number, decrement or increment and send back /layer3/clip11/connect int 1.
would be pretty simple to do.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

hookerbot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by hookerbot »

xavier.seignard wrote: Thanks for your answer, your software seems promising, but I want to trigger next clip and not a column. I don't get why there is no such OSC mapping? Playing the right next clip of the active one on the active layer. Since the keyboard mapping exists, what would prevent it to exist in OSC mapping?!
I believe the answer the Resolume team would give you, (based on previous threads) the problem is mostly osc. By trying to keep it an open (open sound control aka osc) language its not actually particularly well suited to use with video software, and it can be soo vague that advanced, sender/receiver specific mapping isn't viable without complicating the bejesus out of everything. If you have some advanced processing knowledge (or vvvv or max...) you could implement a command interpreter that would remember the last triggered clip and increment it by 1.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

To be fair, although OSC in general is a jungle of best laid plans and good intentions gone very wrong, there's only one thing that prevents us from having an OSC command for Next and Previous clip.

We simply don't have time to sit down and have a few weeks to properly work on OSC in- and output.

The current implementation is 95% there. The last 5% are just so much work that it all seems a bit hopeless at times. We'll find the courage eventually, you're just going to have to bear with us.