running only 8 clips....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
erc
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

running only 8 clips....

Post by erc »

Hi Guys,

I have done the benchmark test on my machine but can not play more then 8 clips before the fps drops lower then 30fps.... What can be a solution? I have updated all my drivers but no succes?

Intel i7-4790K 4Ghz
24 Gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX770
Samsung 850 Pro HDD

Hope this post is in the right spot ;)

best regards,
Eric

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: running only 8 clips....

Post by He2neg »

The 770m should be able to be betten then 8 clips.

- Check Energy Options of your Laptop.
- Check you run resolume on the 770m and not on your intelHD card (right click - run with nvidia card...)
- ALl Clips in DXV (benchmark is allready DXV)

You can use the free Programm GPU-Z to controle how much load is on your Card and everything else.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Which benchmark are you doing? HD or 4K?

erc

Post by erc »

Thanks, gonna give it a try !
He2neg wrote:The 770m should be able to be betten then 8 clips.

- Check Energy Options of your Laptop.
- Check you run resolume on the 770m and not on your intelHD card (right click - run with nvidia card...)
- ALl Clips in DXV (benchmark is allready DXV)

You can use the free Programm GPU-Z to controle how much load is on your Card and everything else.

erc

Post by erc »

HD Benchmark

Oaktown wrote:Which benchmark are you doing? HD or 4K?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

To give you a benchmark, check out the spreadsheet we created for benchmark results.

There are two tests in there with a Nvidia GTX 770M 3GB in there and they were able to get the following results:
  • Nvidia GTX 770M
    • 1080p (clean): 20 (40 fps) / GPU load 90% ( Gpu Z)
      1080p (noise) : 20 (32 fps) / Gpuload : 96% (gpu Z)
  • NVidia Geforce GTX 770
    • Benchmark 1920x1080
      Clean: 20+ layers
      Noise: 17 layers

erc

Post by erc »

Problem solved. I was running the interface at my onboard graphic card and my output on GTX. I connected all monitors on GTX and now it runs 20+ clips without a problem..... but.... is it also possible to run the interface on the onboard and the outputs on GTX? I tried starting Arena with right-click but can't select "run on Nvidia" ?

lightbx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by lightbx »

I'm still new but I think I can help answer this:

The short answer is no. Resolume does all of its processing on whatever GPU is being used to run your control interface (usually on your main display). So it processes all of the video on the embedded card, then sends that information to the NVIDIA card. You only were able to get 8 clips before dropping below 30fps, so that is the performance benchmark of the embedded card. When everything was running off of the NVIDIA card, not only do you open up many more layers, columns, and effects, but also -- Resolume runs faster, because the embedded card no longer has to "relay" any information to the NVIDIA card. Rather, Resolume communicates directly with the NVIDIA card.

I believe this is also why (at least in part) it is suggested in the manual that Resolume runs on only one graphics card, and why users here are always coming up with amazing solutions to route Resolume to multiple displays (sometimes on a massive scale) from just one graphics card (requires external hardware, the Datapath X4 seems to be a favorite).