Delayed start of clip playing..

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ladin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Delayed start of clip playing..

Post by Ladin »

Hi guys,
maybe a strange question, but, is there any possibility to start a clip delayed, or with some delay?
Model situation:
2 clips with 3 second duration
1 clip with 2 second duration
In one coloumn - 3 layers.
If I will press column button, all of clips will start at the same moment, and the shorter clip will ends one second before longer clips.
What if I want to end all of these clips togheter, it means to start the shorter clip one second delayed? What shall I do?
Pls. help..

Thx..

L.

elgarf
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Delayed start of clip playing..

Post by elgarf »

Maybe add Solid Color source with 1000 duration, and set autopilot to next clip?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

It sounds like in your scenario, you could also set the short clip to playmode "hold last frame on finish" = rather than go to roll to black.

Ladin

Post by Ladin »

Oh, how easy it is.. Thank you.. And what means these thousands?? MIliseconds? 5000 means 5 seconds? Damn, so, if I want to play the clip delayed 2 seconds and 15 frames (there is a cut in another clip) I have to calculate with fps. Then the duration of solid color with 0 opacity will be 2600 (for 25fps footage), right?

elgarf
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by elgarf »

Ladin wrote:Then the duration of solid color with 0 opacity will be 2600 (for 25fps footage), right?
Yep. Something like that.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Rather than thinking in FPS which can quickly become confusing if you're dealing with mixed media (23.98,24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60), you're better off using the durations in HH:MM:SS.ms that are displayed in the clip's video description.

Ladin

Post by Ladin »

Rather than thinking in FPS which can quickly become confusing if you're dealing with mixed media (23.98,24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60), you're better off using the durations in HH:MM:SS.ms that are displayed in the clip's video description.

But how to set it in solid color duration? There is miliseconds option only.. If I type a duration in classical format, it set to 0 after pressing enter.
Maybe there is a confussion, of my expresssion, because of my English:-)
Just imagine the movie. There is a woman speaking about something, somewhere in the middle of the footage.. And I want to add a title with her name (png, or plain text, etc.) to higher layer. But it is on timecode (let´s say) 10:16:12.
With timeline-based software it´s easy, just skip to that timecode and to the second layer place the title, so I´m thinking how to do that in Resolume, without editing and exporting this footage in PremierePro (or another editing software)..

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You would just subtract the duration of the shorter clip from the duration of the longer clip to infer the duration of the dummy clip.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Ladin wrote: But how to set it in solid color duration? There is miliseconds option only.. If I type a duration in classical format, it set to 0 after pressing enter.
Maybe there is a confussion, of my expresssion, because of my English:-)
Just imagine the movie. There is a woman speaking about something, somewhere in the middle of the footage.. And I want to add a title with her name (png, or plain text, etc.) to higher layer. But it is on timecode (let´s say) 10:16:12.
you calculate the still image duration in milliseconds from the timecode:
((hours*60+minutes)*60+seconds+(frames / framerate))*1000 milliseconds

or you use an external automation controller like this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11392 with AutoAid.
without the need for a lot of still images and calculations
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

stratparrott
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by stratparrott »

Trying to figure out the same question, different scenario.

Lets say I have:

Layer 1 = 10 min clip

Layer 2 = 5 min clip

Layer 3 = 2.5 min clip

If launched with autopilot they all time sync to 00:00:00 start but I need them to be delayed or off set.

If Layer 1 plays for its duration but I need Layer 2 to begin 1.5 min in, how do I achieve that without a larger video clip that has 1.5 min of dead space?

And can this be accomplished with video or stills.

I have a 30 min Audio track but as several spots I need to Autopilot a static graphic or video at a specific timecode and seem to be missing this.