Advanced output issue on restart

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Advanced output issue on restart

Post by Oaktown »

I've been experiencing a weird and frustrating set of issues with Arena 5.0.1!

When I restart my server and launch Arena, I get black screens on both the UI (HD monitor) and show displays (2 UXGA projector on an X4) because the advanced outputs switches my output assignment to the UI instead of the X4.

That'd a minor problem if the Ctrl+Shift+D combination worked but I can't seem to get it to work 95% of the time so I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del, log out, log back in and restart Arena. At the end of tech rehearsal tonight it took me over 20 minutes to get this sorted out!

Any ideas what would be causing this?

hookerbot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Advanced output issue on restart

Post by hookerbot »

I have also had this problem, where output disable wouldn't work. It seems that window focus is the culprit, meaning that if you push cntrl shift d but the advanced output window is in focus (on top of the main UI windows, though hidden by the output render) nothing happens because the advanced output doesn't respond to that command, the main ui does. Alt-Tab one time then cntrl shift d usually does the trick for me, hope it works for you.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Alt-Tab one time then cntrl shift d usually does the trick for me, hope it works for you.
Unfortunately, that's not working! I'm running W10 and I never had this problem before so I'm wondering if it's something OS related.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

if aero is enabled, the windows key + tab shows a fancy app switcher, maybe it gets above the arena output window.
also there should be a hotkey to show the desktop and hide all windows, (Winkey +D I think)
maybe they would help.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Thanks Ravensc, I'll try again but so far no key shortcut I tried seemed to work.

The interesting thing though is that the behavior is not predictable and I might not be onsite when it happens.

Maybe trashing the config.xml file before starting Resolume would curb that behavior, what do you think?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I think, maybe windows messes up the display list, or maybe not all the displays are present at startup right away.
I don't remember any setting in the config xml that could cause this.

One other thing you could try:
the times the output disable didn't work for me the arena window was not the active one, sometimes moving the mouse to where I suspected the arena window and clicking once activated the arena window and the shortcut worked(or after click, then alt+tab it did).
The latest versions of resolume handle the disconnected displays well for me, so this hasn't been an issue for me lately.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu