Autopilot ignores clip transport speed

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
hookerbot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Autopilot ignores clip transport speed

Post by hookerbot »

So I have a stack of 50 world flags. All formerly png, but converted to single frame dxv 3, as recommended. Single frame plays back a little too quick to enjoy each flag so I have adjusted clip transport on each clip to .01 speed, but once I turn on autopilot to play through them, it defaults to 1.0 speed. I don't want to use layer speed since there will be a couple videos mixed in with the flags.
Using 5.01 on windows 10.
Suggestions/Fixes?
Thanks

hookerbot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Autopilot ignores clip transport speed

Post by hookerbot »

Update-
Layer transport speed does slow down autopilot.
BPM Speed works great, but I will have to be bypassed for the video clips.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

you could try converting them to a longer duration dxv, with 1fps, so the file sizes would be just 5x the 1 frame dxv in a 5 seconds file.
this way you'd have more control over their duration.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The problem is that the autopilot has to cheat a bit.

In order to trigger the next clip exactly on time, it actually has to fire it a tiny bit before the end of the current clip.

If your clip is only a single frame played back very slowly, it gets confused over when this should happen, and apparently it skips the trigger altogether.

I agree that it's not as it should be. It's a bitch to fix and it's such an edge case that we'd rather spend that time on proper still image support. The problems with high res stills are the whole reason for the single frame DXV workaround in the first place.

In the meantime, Ravensc's suggestions should help you get a good working system.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

I just dealt with this over the weekend. My client sent me a slideshow with 300+ images. Take Raven's advice. It's the most practical solution for now.