SOLVED: DXV codec doesn't appear in other programs

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Downtown
Is taking Resolume on a second date

SOLVED: DXV codec doesn't appear in other programs

Post by Downtown »

I installed the DXV codec on a few machines, and it works fine with MPEG Streamclip on 2 of my machines, but for some reason not my main machine. It doesn't show up in MPEG Streamclip. How can I solve this?
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (40.08 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
Last edited by Downtown on Fri May 13, 2016 02:32, edited 1 time in total.

Downtown

Re: DXV codec doesn't install properly

Post by Downtown »

Uninstalled Quicktime
Installed Quicktime lite
Uninstalled and reinstalled DXV codec
Issue persists

Downtown

Post by Downtown »

bump

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Have you tried using the regular Quicktime, and not Quicktime Lite? Did you install Quicktime in its regular location (C:/Program Files/QuickTime)?

Downtown

Post by Downtown »

Joris wrote:Have you tried using the regular Quicktime, and not Quicktime Lite? Did you install Quicktime in its regular location (C:/Program Files/QuickTime)?
I was using regular quicktime previously. Quicktime is installed on my D drive since my C drive is a solid state. All programs are installed on my D drive.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

When Quicktime is not in the default location, the codec has no way of knowing where to install itself.

Things will work fine if you install Quicktime in the default location. Alternatively, you could move the codec from the C: drive to the D: drive manually, but I'm not sure if it even installs when it can't find its mama folder.

http://resolume.com/support#nodxv

Downtown

Post by Downtown »

Joris wrote:When Quicktime is not in the default location, the codec has no way of knowing where to install itself.

Things will work fine if you install Quicktime in the default location. Alternatively, you could move the codec from the C: drive to the D: drive manually, but I'm not sure if it even installs when it can't find its mama folder.

http://resolume.com/support#nodxv
I tried this, and this didn't work. Solution in the next post.

Downtown

Re: SOLVED: DXV codec doesn't appear in other programs

Post by Downtown »

The TL;DR solution: Install iTunes.

The problem was that I was using 64-bit MPEG Streamclip with 64-bit Windows 7. This was the same case for Sony Vegas. Quicktime does not have a 64-bit version standalone, you must install iTunes to get 64-bit .mov codecs. I never use iTunes because I feel it takes over your music collection, but since I have never opened the program I don't have that issue.