Pixel mapping RGBW fixtures - intensity....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ALLOFITNOW
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Pixel mapping RGBW fixtures - intensity....

Post by ALLOFITNOW »

Loving the new pixel mapping features in Arena, but running into some issues when trying to control intensity of a RGBW fixture.

At full intensity, I get white, but when I reduce the opacity of the layer, the white gets interpreted as a grey value, which gets reassigned to the RGB dmx channels instead of the white channel. This is pretty noticeable on a Chauvet Nexus panel for example.

Is there any work around for this yet?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Pixel mapping RGBW fixtures - intensity....

Post by Joris »

We're using the approach outlined in this paper to extract the W from the RGB values.

Of course, the real world will always find its way around even the best mathematical approach, and different lights will respond differently to this formula.

You may not be able to access them right now, but you can imagine we had something in mind when we put the option to place extra channels in a fixture ;)

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

Our implementation is actually a bit simpler than in that paper, and i can see one problem that may cause exactly the problem you're having.
In my test i have a solid white color in a layer where i fade that layer to black using an alpha blend. When the layer outputs full white the w channel is used, and when the layer is somewhere between black and full white the rgb channels are used. It should keep using the w channel only as you're sending a perfect grayscale to it.
I'll create a ticket so that this will be resolved somewhere in the future.

martino.cerati
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by martino.cerati »

Hi all,

+1 for me.

Same annoying issue.
Any update on a possible solution for this problem?

And then, is there any option (or will be soon) for patch a single channel (like white) with dmx offset where for example i have to patch 450 channel of rgbw fixture to bypass this issue?

M.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

This will be fixed in 5.1.0

martino.cerati
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by martino.cerati »

fixed.
going to test it right now

thanks m.