Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - Resolume 5.0.1

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
rjap
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - Resolume 5.0.1

Post by rjap »

Hi!
Recently bought a Intensity Shuttle and i´m tryng connect on Mac Retina with Resolume 5.0.1.

I can´t connect my Intensity on Resolume 5.0.1. Doesn´t appear the configurations to change the format, the connection...
I´ve tried on resolume 4 and works if i use NTSC with HDMI - but the image isn´t nice when there are movement.
I´d like to ask if is possible use a HDMI connection with Intensity in this resolume version?
I´m tryng connect live transmission of a Canon DSLR connected by HDMI.

There are some configurations that put Arena5 working with this blackmagic? And it is possible use HD image??

Thnks a lot!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - Resolume 5.0.1

Post by Joris »

When having problems with BM devices, the first thing to check is whether BM's own Desktop Video Utility can correctly see the input. If it does not show up there, you are most likely sending an unsupported video signal. Blackmagic expects broadcast spec signals, and if your source is not sending exactly the correct EDID, it might ignore it altogether. Also, keep in mind BM boxes work on 64 bit systems only.

If it does show up in Blackmagic's own software, but not in Resolume, you might need to specify the correct resolution. Resolume does not auto-detect the input source and resolution you are capturing at. So you really need to make sure you select the right option from the drop down. For instance, don't just choose 1080p30 if you are actually sending 1080p29.97 or vice versa.

Only one application at a time can access a Blackmagic device, so, make sure you turn off Blackmagic's software before trying your feed in Resolume.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

rjap wrote: I´m tryng connect live transmission of a Canon DSLR connected by HDMI.
which canon dslr are you trying to use?
make sure it can output at one of the bmd specified resolutions, or else the intensity won't get the signal.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

For instance, don't just choose 1080p30 if you are actually sending 1080p29.97 or vice versa.
And keep in mind that some devices actually send 29.97 even though they call it 30.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

...and keep in mind that especially the Intensity Shuttle USB3 does not work with all hardware USB chipssets.

But when you see your input constantly and multiple repeatable in the Blackmagic software....you should have the right chipset!

greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

rjap

Post by rjap »

Thnks a lot.

I already get the way. If i duplicate the cam it appear´s. Should be a bug. There, instead, another problem.
When i´m move the camara - even Canon in HDMI or analog sinal - the image appears with stripes and only stay good if i stop the movement.
I don´t know why because i´ve tried all the setups and only works with PAL. Even if in the BM are configurated do 1980p - on resolume only work´s if the set´s are in PAL. It´s a quite strange.

Can u help me on that?

Thnks and see u!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

rjap wrote: I don´t know why because i´ve tried all the setups and only works with PAL. Even if in the BM are configurated do 1980p - on resolume only work´s if the set´s are in PAL.
that's why I asked which canon dslr you have,
so unless you have the 5d mk3 or an other high end camera, you won't get 1080p on the hdmi output.
my 5dmk2 for example only sends 576p in PAL mode.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

rjap

Post by rjap »

ravensc wrote:
rjap wrote: I don´t know why because i´ve tried all the setups and only works with PAL. Even if in the BM are configurated do 1980p - on resolume only work´s if the set´s are in PAL.
that's why I asked which canon dslr you have,
so unless you have the 5d mk3 or an other high end camera, you won't get 1080p on the hdmi output.
my 5dmk2 for example only sends 576p in PAL mode.
Yes, thank you. I´m using a Canon 550D. Wich are the right definitions?

And i have analogic Grunding Live Cam that i capt with RCA and does the same strippes in the image.

[img][img]https://s31.postimg.org/3zdskimhz/Captu ... .04.27.png[/img] [img][img]https://s31.postimg.org/okskcf42v/Captu ... .04.09.png[/img]

Like in the "bad" example of the fotos - when is stopped the image is ok but when i move it made this stips. The same was happened with canon.

Do u made ideia why?

I´m using PAL compose mode in Resolume - and BM is with PAL in output format.

Thnks a lot

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Take a look at this short video to know the resolutions.

The banding is due to the fact that the signal is interlaced so you need to deinterlace it to view it as "progressive". The process combines two successive half frames (fields) and makes them into a full frame.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

from what I have found, the 550d outputs 480p during record, and 1080i60 during standby in ntsc, and 567p/ 1080i50 in pal mode.
1080i60 may be in fact 1080i59.95.
you may need a custom firmware to get the higher resolution and a clean image without the displayed data on the hdmi.
have a look at http://magiclantern.fm