Resolume 2.1 problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
meek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by meek »

Some of the clips i still cant load are old ones which i compressed using the midivid codec

http://www.midivid.com

These sometimes crashed Resolume 2.0, but I cant even load them into 2.1

Is midivid a codec to avoid when using Resolume ?

I think you used to recomend it when I first started using Resolume a few years back.

James // http://www.meek.tv

VJ555
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VJ555 »

Originally posted by bart
could you please email me a file under 10mb that crashes Resolume? ::: bart@resolume.com
Bart - Two files sent. Both AVI's, Both use same CODEC (Cinepac), Frame Rate (25fps), Resolution Size (320x240). Problem is Frantic works fine ( Created by myself Resolume 1.5 mixing several clips, then using VirtualDub to deco into CINEPAC. 2nd file, GFX01, snatched from longer clip in Vegas 5.0 freezes Reso 2.1. Both work fine in Reso 2.0 and 1.5

Hope this helps :)
Alan

[Edited on 24-2-2005 by VJ555]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Originally posted by meek
Some of the clips i still cant load are old ones which i compressed using the midivid codec

http://www.midivid.com

These sometimes crashed Resolume 2.0, but I cant even load them into 2.1
midivid id a bit old but should work just fine, please email (bart@resolume.com) me one of those files so i can test them, the midivid files i have work just fine

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Originally posted by VJ555

Bart - Two files sent. Both AVI's, Both use same CODEC (Cinepac), Frame Rate (25fps), Resolution Size (320x240). Problem is Frantic works fine ( Created by myself Resolume 1.5 mixing several clips, then using VirtualDub to deco into CINEPAC. 2nd file, GFX01, snatched from longer clip in Vegas 5.0 freezes Reso 2.1. Both work fine in Reso 2.0 and 1.5

Hope this helps :)
Alan
yes this is definitely helpfull! indeed 2 files both encoded with cinepak and one work and the other does not in 2.1 and does work in 2.0 ... great, atleast we were able to reproduce you problems ;-)

edwin is working on this right now ...

meek

Post by meek »

Hi,

Just sent you one of my dodgy midivideo files,

hope it helps.

lotech

Post by lotech »

I reinstalled Picvideo MJPEG using the installer, after finding it wasn't listed in the installed codec list in windows (under Sound and Audio Devices). After reinstalling it it they worked fine. Somewhere along the line the registry entries may have been lost - could it be something to do with badly installed codecs?

A couple of clips still crash out completely but virtualdub won't tell me what codecs they're in. It would be good to have some sort of fail safe so it doesn't crash completely - just an error or not being able to load the clips.

Also when I quiting out normally after just testing all this I get the following error:

Resolume.exe - Application Error
The instrument at "0x0c2e2fa9" referenced memory at "0x03364900". The memory could not be "read".
Click Ok to terminate program

meek

Post by meek »

Codecs not installed correctly is definetly one of the problems,
but why do my files play in media player and resolume 2.0 but not Resolume 2.1 ? A failsafe in Resolume is a super good idea, instead of having just crashing or freezing - which sucks even worse when u are doing a gig.

I tryed mailing a video to bart@resolume.com but it bounced back.
Maybe cos it was zipped ? mailbox full ? I dunno

When I close resolume i also get a message saying
the instruction at "0x02846bcf" referenced memory at "0x02863748".
The memory could not be "read". click to close...

lotech

Post by lotech »

It sounds like its related to the windows registry, when I had problems with the clips I noticed windows said they weren't installed. The codec files were there but somewhere along the line something in the windows registry must have gone. I would imagine WMP and Res2.0 don't need the correct registry settings to play back the codec.

To check if you codecs are installed correctly go to Control Panel -> Sound & Audio Devices -> Hardware Tab -> Video Codecs -> Properties. This will give you a list of all completely installed codecs (though others might exsist and work).

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

huh, also switched back to v2.0, in 2.1 my logitetch quickcam 4000 pro doesnt work from the sources... the only one that worked(quit working now) was peteLifeFeed2 freeframe plugin, but it displays the video upside-down... thats the first reaseon i HAD to turn back to 2.0... i wont search for others..

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

I also get the "memory error....." message