Resolume 2.1 problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VJ555
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Bart - Any News....?

Post by VJ555 »

[/quote]

yes this is definitely helpfull! indeed 2 files both encoded with cinepak and one work and the other does not in 2.1 and does work in 2.0 ... great, atleast we were able to reproduce you problems ;-)

edwin is working on this right now ... [/quote]

Bart,

Any news...............? Guess i stick with 2.0 just now, probably purchase this weekend

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sense »

Sometimes in 2.1 the slider won't drag all the way, or you have to release, and re-drag, using the mouse, restarting seems to fix it, when this happens you can't open the drive pulldown-menu either with the mouse. does works with keyboard.

Concerns all sliders, speed, opacity, playback-slider, fx etc.

Another thing, when you select another channel, sliders of inactive channels and layers work, this bug seems only to happen on active channels. Mmm, stangeness, now the bugs keeps happening even with other channels selected, wierdness.

resolume 2.1 TAB-mode (1024x768px interface)

Niels / Sense

[Edited on 1-3-2005 by Sense]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In my resolume versions from 2.0 I cant get my folders alphabetically arranged. It seems that they are arranged in date of creation....
Are there more people whit this problem, or do you have a soluion for it??
Tnx! Nolan.

DoofBoy

2.1 bugs

Post by DoofBoy »

Yep, resolume is fantastic....when it works...
well done Bart + eddy, but still there are a fews bugs,

- res 2.1 doesn't play some small avis (i will send them to you bart )version 2.0 does

- Wipes / Squares is awesome, but seems to created an unwanted feedback fx
when pushing slider up and down , especially with clips containing a lot of
black (gives a strange luma key unwanted look)
- res 2.1 has wiped out all my personal short cuts (anyone knows how to
import short cuts from one version to another ?

decks:
decks file size is greatly improved 300k max when the same deck was 3 megs in reso beta 2.
res 2.1 have some trouble loading old decks.
if you re-save that old deck in res 2.1 its file size decrease down to 10times. (bart tell me if i'm wrong)
if you still having troubles, re Do the deck in res 2.1.

speed accuracy problems
it would be great to be able to type in a value, because for the moment the speed slider has only got increments of 2 (25 ftps or 23 ftps) or sometimes 24 ftps or 22 ftps.

i looove resolume, its 2.1 version is not yet very stable, which can be nerve wrecking when vjing in front of a crowd, but keep on the good work, as version 2.0 is now stable.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Same problem as Meek.-> Resolume 2.0 Works fine, but 2.1 seems to crash when i drag AVI or mpeg - videoclips in to the interface! but, when i put swf's in it everything works fine!

bigbudha
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by bigbudha »

hi bart and edwin,

i can't load dv avi's into 2.1
it worked in 2.0.

i have this problem with all dv captured movies???

Big files encoded in lead codec are loading very long....

Worked fast in 2.0

greetings

Hans

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

[quote]Originally posted by Sense
Sometimes in 2.1 the slider won't drag all the way, or you have to release, and re-drag, using the mouse, restarting seems to fix it, when this happens you can't open the drive pulldown-menu either with the mouse. does works with keyboard.

yep, this has happened to me too, not able to access drives, keyboard does work.

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sense »

Did a 5 hour gig yesterday and I noticed the following problems;

- 3 crashes, everything works but output freezes, undefinable..

- File system crashed after couple of hours of use, you don't see any directories anymore, solution > restart

- PanSpinZoom and other freeframe fx don't work realtime on images (jpg) you have to click them again to apply fx which is being show in thumbnail.

- Microsoft 1 Codec (MS-CRAM) doesn't work anymore!! (A lot of our name-promo's are in ms1)

- FX apply them selves, the panthom-fx trigger bug re-appeared, adding fx to channels, whichout showing the FX tab in the bottom of the thumb.

Didn't had time to do a dry test with 2.1, hope to have some time shortly and I will look into that midi thing we talked about of FX params on active chan.

That's it, keep up the good work bart / edwin

Cheers,
Niels/Sense

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

my video files from my fuji digicam (dshow or so ;)) doesn't work in 2.1, in 2.0 it works fine...
i'll gonna convert em

DoofBoy

Post by DoofBoy »

yep, 2.1 rocks,althought,

Microsoft 1 Codec (MS-CRAM) doesn't work anymore!!

i also have a problem with an AZERTY keyboard on a labtop :
";" and "," to go backward and foward don't work.although those shortcut should work because they assigned by default in the preference menu.

2.1 is a good update, the live camera imput is very stable via firewire cable,
the main complain would be in the codec areas...good work anyway bart and eddy