Enttec Mk2 on MAC not connecting

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
medialightnyc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Enttec Mk2 on MAC not connecting

Post by medialightnyc »

Hello, I am having trouble installing the drivers on my Mac for a DMX USB Pro MK2. I downloaded and installed all the software including D2xx Helper but Resolume 5 cannot receive DMX Input. When I open Preferences/DMX it will not identify the device.
I suspect it is an issue with the installations on the Mac as I have the same device installed on a PC with Resolume 5 and everything works correctly.
Any help would be appreciated.

Second issue:
I am controlling Resolume with an ETC Ion. In Resolume, I cannot get the effects to run from Dashboard Links in each layer. They won't play back even from the Resolume software.
I have STROBE loaded on Dashboard link 2. When I bring up the dial for link 2 on the console or in Resolume, the dial increases and responds but no effect is applied.

Thanks in advance.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Enttec Mk2 on MAC not connecting

Post by Oaktown »

Assuming you're running the most recent version of Arena, you shouldn't have to install any drivers to use your MK2 since it now works with the apple drivers.

Take a look at this thread.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Long story short, to make Enttec's USB boxes work on Mac, you need El Capitan or higher and Arena 5.0.2 or higher. Then it works without drivers.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Second issue:
I am controlling Resolume with an ETC Ion. In Resolume, I cannot get the effects to run from Dashboard Links in each layer. They won't play back even from the Resolume software.
I have STROBE loaded on Dashboard link 2. When I bring up the dial for link 2 on the console or in Resolume, the dial increases and responds but no effect is applied.
If you want an effect to be controllable from the Dashboard, you need to pick a parameter or several parameters you want to change. For instance in Strobe, you would probably use the frequency to control the speed of the effect but you could also use the Opacity to control the amount of effect.

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

I'm running Arena 5 on both PC and Mac.
The Mac is running the latest version OS.

Everything works on the PC setup.

When I have the console connected to the Mac Resolume does not output over the MK2.
Attachments
IMG_20160617_122910_961.jpg
IMG_20160617_122910_961.jpg

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

As far the Links on the dashboard, the dial responds both to the console and the pointer in Resolume but no effect is applied.

Thank you, Oaktown, just saw your post now. I will give this a try.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You'll have to uninstall all the drivers you've installed.

Also, you're selecting DMX input so arena won't output anything. To output DMX, you'll have to create an output and assign a Lumiverse.

Re. link, which parameter did your assign?

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

Yes, I corrected it to output, still won't see the Mk2. The PC connection is fine. I don't have a Lumiverse created for the PC.

The Link effect is Strobe.

This pic is with the PC connection. Same hardware, same composition, only difference is the mac book.
Attachments
IMG_20160617_125400_711.jpg

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

This is the result from the pro utility.
Attachments
IMG_20160617_131222_121.jpg

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you want to use DMX to control Resolume, there is no need to create a Lumiverse, those are only needed to patch fixtures for DMX output.

If you are also having trouble connecting to your Enttec box using Pro Manager, I would first contact Enttec support. They know more about their hardware than we do :)