Akai midi mapping issue with Resolume

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Operator
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Akai midi mapping issue with Resolume

Post by Operator »

Hi there, this is my first post on this forum and my first question having jut started vjing, i apologise if this has been asked before, tbh im not quite sure how to phrase the question.

Ive understood the basics of midi mapping, so here is the question, my first composition ive had the akai set up so each layer would have 8 clip launches and i would have 3 rows of clips, each row of clips for one of the layers.

what i want to do is use all the clip launch buttons for each layer, so i can select a layer then have the 40 clip select buttons in stead of just a row of 8. so how to map all of these buttons to each layer? i ve have seen this done in other peole setups on videos but i dont understand how to do this.

Ive mapped the layer buttons to 3 bottons on the scene launch stack. so how do i asign all 40 clip selct buttons for each layer. then how do i select that layer to activate all 40 clip select buttons on that layer?

if this is really simple i apologise, as i said im not sure how to search for this as im very new to this whole ordeal.

thankyou for your time.

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Akai midi mapping issue with Resolume

Post by Sadler »

Choose application midi map, then focus on layer (in the bottom left). Then you can assign 40 clips per layer but you have to select a layer first.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

By selecting [Layer], you will be focusing on the active layer so all you have to do is map your layers to your APC buttons so that you can switch the focus and then as Saddler wrote, your 40 clips will be accessible.

For instance, you could map the 5 Scene Launch buttons if you have 1-5 layers, the 8 Clip Stop or 8 Track Selection buttons if you have up to 8 layers, the 8 Clip Stop and 8 Track Selection buttons if you have up to 16 layers, or use the 24 Activation/Solo-Cue/Record Arm if you have up to 24 layers.

Operator

Post by Operator »

Thankyou for your response.

Right this i understand, but when i do this it only allows you to edit layer 1, how do you select the different layers to edit? before i go into mapping i select layer 2 but its still goes to layer 1 when i open up mapping.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

When you're in layer focus, you need to map the various layers in your comp to change the active layer.

Operator

Post by Operator »

Oaktown wrote:When you're in layer focus, you need to map the various layers in your comp to change the active layer.
man im sorry i really dont understand this. i have a midi map that i downloaded with this set up. i select layer 2 on that and when i open up midi mapping layer focus it sets it back to layer 1 aswell as doing this on the apc 40.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Once you've mapped your buttons you don't need to be in mapping mode.

In the mapping layer mode it only lets you map the clips on layer 1 but they represent the clips in the active layer.

Operator

Post by Operator »

Oaktown wrote:Once you've mapped your buttons you don't need to be in mapping mode.

In the mapping layer mode it only lets you map the clips on layer 1 but they represent the clips in the active layer.
ah! so in laymans terms, i map 1-40 of the clip layer launch buttons. this will be the same for all the other layers? so basically there is no option for editing the layers differently?

Operator

Post by Operator »

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS I got it! its the same!!!!! thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

:D glad it worked!