Audio FFT Input : not available

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Tidec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Audio FFT Input : not available

Post by Tidec »

Windows 7, average gaming pc, good graphics card but no dedicated soundcard. Resolume Arena 5.04

I'm trying to use external music to drive effect parameters, as mentioned in the manual . I'm trying both locally played music from other software (like winamp) and external hardware (smartphone connected to mic in, so I can hear the music through the speakers of my computer).

Under 'audio' in preferences there is 'Audio FFT Input', but I have no options there. It just says 'not available'. The manual assumes that I would be able to select an audio source there.

Do I need some additional hardware or software to make this work ? In the future I would play resolume from a laptop that I have yet to buy, do I need to pay special attention to something so that it can accept external audio for parameter manipulation in resolume ?

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Audio FFT Input : not available

Post by Sadler »

For audio input through your built-in sound card right click on your volume icon in the taskbar and choose "Recording devices" and make sure you can see your line-in and that it's enabled. You should see your microphones and webcam mics here too if they're installed. If they're disabled, not installed or not working Resolume will show "Not available".

If your using another program to listen to the input from your phone and the input is set to exclusive use then Resolume can't use it too. Alternatively, there's a 'Listen' tab you can enable which will allow you to listen to the input and have Resolume hear it too.

To listen to output from another application then you will need some more software. Try VB Cable.