HAP codec

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
olialonso
Is taking Resolume on a second date

HAP codec

Post by olialonso »

Hi all
Resolume win 10 crash when i load a mov. file whit hap codec...
Can I help me?
Thanks

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: HAP codec

Post by drazkers »

Resolume uses the DXV codec. Hap should play in theory if you have the latest hap codec installed but performance will be terrible compared to DXV.

n23
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by n23 »

drazkers wrote:Resolume uses the DXV codec. Hap should play in theory if you have the latest hap codec installed but performance will be terrible compared to DXV.
That's not true, HAP and DXV have comparable performance, both codecs use the same OpenGL-based image decoding feature.

+1 for HAP support. It's 2018, most of Windows media servers support it already.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

n23 wrote:
drazkers wrote:Resolume uses the DXV codec. Hap should play in theory if you have the latest hap codec installed but performance will be terrible compared to DXV.
That's not true, HAP and DXV have comparable performance, both codecs use the same OpenGL-based image decoding feature.
+1 for HAP support. It's 2018, most of Windows media servers support it already.
As does Resolume 6.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

n23 wrote:

Hi there, resolume 6 now supports hap and runs great. This post was made in 2016 and the quoted statement is only valid for Resolume 5.

I hope you enjoy experimenting with Hap and R6 in 2018. I certainly have been! :)

n23
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by n23 »

Oh that's great!

Please add "SOLVED" to the name of this topic, this page is the first result in Google for "resolume hap" phrase. :)

KristofNys

Post by KristofNys »

I just tested resolume 6.0.7 Arena with some HAPQ files that were encoded for d3 / Disguise, and they play perfectly in Quicktime and VLC , But are completely distorted, both in color and shape when i play them in Resolume (Windows 10) ... so i guess it's not really solved .... Also Mpeg-2 files that i encoded for Hippotizer (and that used to play perfectly on avenue 4, are no longer working in Arena 6, and are even crashing the program !

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

KristofNys wrote:I just tested resolume 6.0.7 Arena with some HAPQ files that were encoded for d3 / Disguise, and they play perfectly in Quicktime and VLC , But are completely distorted, both in color and shape when i play them in Resolume (Windows 10) ... so i guess it's not really solved .... Also Mpeg-2 files that i encoded for Hippotizer (and that used to play perfectly on avenue 4, are no longer working in Arena 6, and are even crashing the program !
From what i read on the release notes Resolume supports Hap but not HapQ. Not even disguise properly supports HapQ with alpha right either(Well back in november it didn't). Just HapQ HQ.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

KristofNys wrote:I just tested resolume 6.0.7 Arena with some HAPQ files that were encoded for d3 / Disguise, and they play perfectly in Quicktime and VLC , But are completely distorted, both in color and shape when i play them in Resolume (Windows 10) ... so i guess it's not really solved .... Also Mpeg-2 files that i encoded for Hippotizer (and that used to play perfectly on avenue 4, are no longer working in Arena 6, and are even crashing the program !
We'd love to get our hands on these files that don't play properly in Resolume!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

KristofNys

Post by KristofNys »

The problem is that it's custom content created for a major band (at least here in Belgium and Holland) , so i can't share it. I will however try to encode some files that produce the same problem in Resolume, and upload those.