Geforce GTX 1080, Resolume issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Geforce GTX 1080, Resolume issue

Post by AdevProjects »

Resolume interface fps will change to match the output monitor refresh rate. However, if you had vsync turned on and your GPU could only render the output at less than 60fps, it could drop it down to 30fps to keep locked with vsync.

I would not expect this with a GTX 1080, but I guess it could happen if you wernt using DXV or there was some other reason it couldnt keep up or its not actually using the GTX 1080.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Resolume interface fps will change to match the output monitor refresh rate. However, if you had vsync turned on and your GPU could only render the output at less than 60fps, it could drop it down to 30fps to keep locked with vsync.
To be completely clear, when V-Sync is turned on, Resolume will always try to render at the maximum refresh rate. So usually this will be 60 fps. It does not drop to 30 when it can't make this. It just starts rendering at the maximum rate possible, which could be anywhere between 1 and 60.

When Resolume drops to 30 when adding a monitor, the GPU driver is telling Resolume the monitor is refreshing at 30Hz.

Meptik
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Meptik »

Looking back through this thread - what are the best settings for an nVidia card? Been playing with settings to try to dial this in, but haven't seemed to see massive leaps with setting changes.

The two settings I've tried the most are V-Sync and Triple Buffering. Not sure if see any major improvements.

Wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts?