How does Resolume handle DXV files and color profiles generated with After Effects?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dirkdamerau
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: How does Resolume handle DXV files and color profiles generated with After Effects?

Post by dirkdamerau »

Having the same problem here. Exporting from After Effects on a Mac tried many options. Color Management is completely off. No Alpha used. The DXV files always have the gamma shift. Also if I just re-import a ProRes and a DXV file from the same render job back into AE the shift is even there. It must be something while encoding. Any Idea why this is happening or how to work around it ? Thanks, Dirk

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: How does Resolume handle DXV files and color profiles generated with After Effects?

Post by Joris »

He never replied, but we're assuming OP's problem was that he was exporting straight alpha and interpreting it as premult. It wasn't a color space issue, as exporting without alpha did not have the problem.

If you have a recreatable color space problem, we'd love to see some examples and take a look at your AE settings, so we can try to recreate it on our end.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Joris wrote:He never replied, but we're assuming OP's problem was that he was exporting straight alpha and interpreting it as premult. It wasn't a color space issue, as exporting without alpha did not have the problem.

If you have a recreatable color space problem, we'd love to see some examples and take a look at your AE settings, so we can try to recreate it on our end.
My number one phone call at 2am is about novastar processors and colour space. Update your processor or check out this ruby script, http://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/03/for ... al-monitor

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

dirkdamerau wrote:Having the same problem here. Exporting from After Effects on a Mac tried many options. Color Management is completely off. No Alpha used. The DXV files always have the gamma shift. Also if I just re-import a ProRes and a DXV file from the same render job back into AE the shift is even there. It must be something while encoding. Any Idea why this is happening or how to work around it ? Thanks, Dirk
Gamma shifting is expected in that case, since apple change it according to the perception of devices.
You're dealing with prores managed by mediafoundation and dxv managed by old quicktime and his gamma settings.
Have you try'ed to encode to prores through quicktime 7 export? I bet you will have the same gamma shifting.

About OP, I think there's a missconception of the linearization process. At least, question have no sense to me.